Wanted to know the secret of living a healthier life?
To find a better solution of healthy life, much research is done. But it comes with a bigger cost. But the problem is that it requires high maintenance and cost.
During studies, it’s found that air pollution in our home is quite severe. It’s quite severe that it is found to reduce the lifespan of the person exposed to such environment.
It was due to architectural changes that reduced the ventilation. Apart from this pollution started with using our day to day equipment. The synthetic building materials, papers, chemical cleaners, furnishing materials, office equipment, etc are the source of such pollutant. (1, 2)
Health Problems Due to Household Pollutants
- Respiratory and sinus congestion
- Allergy-related symptoms
- Low efficiency at work
- Metabolism disorder
- Skin or eyes irritations
- Chromosomal aberrations
- Rare type of Throat Cancer (Formaldehyde)
- Even early death due to bad air quality
Above health risk is just a short list. Actually, health degrades due to furnishing, synthetic building materials, etc. that are the reason to release formaldehyde. Along with it, other household good releases such toxic pollutants.
These toxic pollutants may be in small quantity, but due to poor ventilation, those pollutant quantity increases. So it causes major health problems as time passes.
Top Toxic Pollutants Found in House
- Higher CO2 Level
- Other dust particles
We stay more than 90% time in our home. So we are continuously exposed to these chemical pollutants.
We spend most of our income for medication and still don’t get the benefits.
How will we recover completely when we stay in such condition. It becomes tough to clean such pollutant from our home atmosphere.
But there is a simple solution for it.
For this, NASA had done many types of research to find a better solution for home and office pollutant. They found few of the best plants that can do air purifying more effectively at affordable cost.
How To Fight Air Pollutants Problem?
You can plant few plants in home and rest of the cleaning work is done without any effort.
You don’t need to take much care of these plants as they can sustain is every condition. Every they are tough to kill. Low maintenance means you can just enjoy its benefits without any effort.
But, how a houseplant can clean such harmful pollutant?
Plant uses carbon dioxide for photosynthesis, which is then processed to give oxygen. Apart from carbon dioxide, it absorbs that pollutant in small quantity at the same time.
Thus, it cleanses the pollutant and carbon dioxide from the room. Also, it refuels the room with oxygen which makes it a better place to live.
Top Plants Destroying Air Pollutants In House
1. Garden Mum (8.5/10)
NASA Research concludes it as the top air purifying plant. It is highly preferred as it cleanses formaldehyde, ammonia, benzene, and xylene from indoor air.
- It is easily available at garden stores.
- It cleanses formaldehyde, xylene, ammonia and benzene.
2. Lady Palm (8.5/10)
It got high ranking in NASA research due to its higher efficiency in cleaning air pollutants, chemicals in the air. If lady palm kept in a dry or humid room, it increases the moisture level.
- Easy on eyes
- Improves moisture in the room
- Cleanses ammonia that improves the health of the respiratory system
3. Bamboo Palm (7.5/10)
Bamboo is among the pet-friendly plant. It tops in cleaning formaldehyde from the air. It can grow as 4-12 feet high. It is a good outdoor plant, but it can also be grown inside. It needs a good amount of sunlight.
- Bright Sunlight
- Top in cleaning formaldehyde
- Cleanses benzene and trichloroethylene
4. Spider Plant (8.2/10)
Pet lover will love this plant as it is safe for pets. Along with its safety, it cleanses air pollutants like benzene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and xylene effectively.
- Safe for pets
- Needs less care after plantation
- It cleanses benzene, formaldehyde, carbon monoxide and xylene.
5. Dracaena (7.8/10)
It comes in 40 varieties, so you can make a better choice. It survives is less sunlight. It has a disadvantage for people who have cat or dog as it is light toxic when eaten. But it keeps the air clean by removing harmful pollutants like benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, and xylene.
- Grows quickly. Tolerates dim light, but growth is slow.
- It cleanses benzene, xylene, formaldehyde and trichloroethylene.
6. English Ivy (7.8/10)
English Ivy is the most beneficial plant to people who are suffering from allergies due to mold particles or other allergens in the house. It is found to reduce up to 60% of airborne mold particles within 6 hours when kept in the room. In 12 hour room, airborne toxins are cleared by 71%. So go for this and your allergy will be treated without any medication.
- Keep away from children and pets
- Cleanses airborne molds and other toxin found in the room.
- Highly efficient in cleaning allergen and give relief from allergies
7. Snake Plant/Mother-in-Law’s Tongue (7.7/10)
It may not be the top plant in ranking, but it is the best house plant. Many of things make it perfect plant.(3)
- Require less maintenance. Sun and water requirements are quite less. So it becomes the best survival in-house condition where there is less sunlight.
- A powerhouse of Oxygen. Yes! You can get more oxygen from this plant during the night. Hence, it’s perfect bedroom plants. It will provide a good amount of oxygen whole night without the presence of sunlight as other plants lack this ability.
- It cleanses benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene and xylene
- For each member, 1 waist height plant is required for the efficiency of oxygen production
8. Ficus/Weeping Fig (7.7/10)
It’s actually a tree, but can be grown indoors. But, it has high potential to survive and grow in the indoor environment. It is can grow well without bright sunlight or indirect sunlight. Also, it requires less water and medium humidity.
It is potent to clean formaldehyde, xylene and ammonia. It has high potential to survive and grow in the indoor environment.
It is can grow well without bright sunlight or indirect sunlight. Also, it requires less water and medium humidity. It is potent to clean formaldehyde, xylene and ammonia.
- Grow in indirect sunlight, less water and humidity.
- Cleanses formaldehyde, xylene and ammonia.
- Keep away from pets
9. Peace Lily (7.5/10)
It is quite a good plant when comparing to its ability to clean the indoor pollutant. It is easy to grow and its short in size. It effectively cleanses ammonia, benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene. It blooms flower throughout summer.
- Short and flowers during summer.
- Need shady spot and little moisture.
- Avoid multiple plants if allergic to pollen as its flower gives a sweet smell along with some pollen.
- Cleanses ammonia, benzene, formaldehyde, and trichloroethylene.
10. Boston Fern (7.5/10)
Boston Fern requires moisture to effectively clean the air. They effectively clean formaldehyde and xylene from the air. It’s preferable to grow as it is easy to grow. It is advisable to check soil moisture for its best growth.
- Need moisture and indirect sun
- Effectively cleanses formaldehyde and xylene.
11. Aloe Vera (7.5/10)
It’s among easiest plant to grow as it needs less very less maintenance. Along with it can sustain high temperature. Apart from it, Aloe is a very beneficial plant that you can grow at home. Aloe Vera is loaded with health benefits due to its high vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other nutrient content.
It has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-healing property. So if you plant an Aloe Vera you will get fresh air as well as medicinal benefits. It is highly effective to remove formaldehyde.
- Low maintenance and require less water
- Rich in nutrients
- Effectively removes formaldehyde.
12. Money Plant (7.5/10)
Money plant is also an easy growing plant. It grows faster and need little or no space. You can keep the pot hanging around and enjoy its air cleaning property. In NASA research, it is found to clean air pollutants and chemical allergens. It also increases the moisture in the room which is a good part of it.
- Removes air pollutants and chemical allergens
- Improves the moisture level in the room
- Keep away from pets.
Symptoms of Carbon Dioxide Intoxication and Poisoning(4)
- Deeper breathing
- Twitching of muscles
- Increased blood pressure
- The increase in pulse rate
- Loss of judgment
- Labored breathing
- Unconsciousness (occurs in under a minute when CO2 Concentration rises about 10%)
After from air pollutants, carbon dioxide is also ruining our health. Due to increase in CO2 Level, it has also become a concern to health risk. So it becomes necessary to control carbon dioxide level in the room.
The above plants cleanse pollutants, absorbs carbon dioxide to produce fresh air. So grow fresh air and enjoy complete health benefit.
So it may help you make a better choice for your health. You can’t skip these disease until you clean the toxic pollutant from the air.
It’s impossible to remove such pollutants. But plants do it for us at free of cost.
Thus, it provides complete benefits for our health and also make our home a better place to live and enjoy.
That’s all about a simple hack to gain your health, that may be disturbing to some or other reason.
If you found this article helpful do few things,
- Go for a plant that you can grow as well share so others can also improve their health.
- You can also give such plants to your loved ones. It will be an assurance their health and life whenever they are close to it.
Plant and share love with your loved one’s.
Do share it if you found it useful and do leave a comment.
You Will Also Like: