It’s Saturday night, and you are planning to slip on your pair of your favorite jeans to go out and party hard. But a problem arises? Your stomach is so puffy that those jeans hardly zip up? Does it sound familiar to you? If yes, then you are a victim of bloating.
Bloating is common, but its sign and symptoms are very annoying some of the symptoms are: retention of fluid, construction of excess gas because you ate something, or else the worst constipation. Luckily, there are some ways to get rid of bloat. Try out these tricks and tactics, to get rid of bloating and lead a tension free life.
To get rid of bloat isn’t easy task, one has to work hard to overcome bloating. These are some food stuff, diet plans, and exercises that help you to get rid of bloating.
One has to work hard to banish bloat out of his/her body. And for the purpose of abolishing bloating one should choose the correct food stuff for consumption. As eating is the essential part of any health related program.
So, a proper care must be taken, that no food is being eaten which promotes any symptoms or the bloat itself. And for this purpose here is a guide of food to eat, have a look.
Some foodstuffs, especially certain carbohydrates, are either complex or only incompletely digested in the gut. These foodstuffs can cause gas buildup and thus lead to bloating.
It if found that, rice and even the flour of rice makes a decent substitute for starch rich food such as oats, wheat, corn, and potatoes.
Rice is completely processed in the small intestine, and living the least possible chances of formation of gasses in the gut. And thus, play a very vital role in the prevention of bloating.
The basic of thrashing the bloat with yogurt (the probiotics) is first to get assured that you are selecting a yogurt contains active cultures.
Regular consumption of the yogurt containing the active cultures raises the level of the beneficial bacteria’s namely the lactobacillus and the bifid bacterium that recedes in the digestive tract of human body,and facilitate effective digestion and hindrance of the “belly bloat”.
If you are looking out for the best ways to fight against your bloated belly; then prefer fresh yogurt for consumption on daily basis. And if you want to add a little bit of sweet taste to your yogurt, then prefer the natural sweetening agents for this purpose.
As they will help you in enhancing the taste of your foodstuff and along with it they will also help you to maintain the proper amount of calorie in your body.
Although it hasn’t been completely proven, but some small studies have been carried out by experts to gaze more carefully at asparagus to find out its anti-bloating belongings.
Asparagus seems to work as a prebiotic, and also encourages the development and activity of good microorganisms in the large intestine, and has the ability to ease the gas buildup and even of relieving the constipation.
It is observed that the Asparagus also holds diuretic property, which helps you to get rid of waste fluid. So next time when you see your swollen stomach, don’t forget to give a shot to this veggie. You never know what may help you to get rid of your bloating.
You can also take help of papaya to reduce bloating; this is a humid fruit that comprises a lot of nutritive elements. And it is also advantageous in discharging digestive problems including bloating. The fruit holds an enzyme called papain which works in the same manner as bromelain.
It also aids with the absorption of proteins in the stomach. In addition to the papain content, papaya is also having a good hold of other active constituents which are similarly helpful in preventing bloating.
Including a fresh pineapple to your“anti-bloating diet “can prove out to be helpful. Pineapple comprises a good quantity of potassium. It also contains the enzyme bromelain which is a type of enzyme liable for absorbing proteins. The bromelain content still is generally found on the pineapple stem which is equally eatable.
The bloated feeling can be calmed by munching on a bunch of celery. It is also known as a good and effective diuretic, celery has the supremacy to dismiss water retention. Person suffering from bloating should be particular about munching celery on regular basis.
However keep in mind to buy fresh and naturally grown celery for the purpose of getting rid of bloating. This is because celery usually entails and retains pollutants such as pesticides and carcinogenic substances which are injurious to human health.
7. Water with Lemon (lemonade)
A lot of people avoid on water mostly when they are bloated, while in reality they must be doing the contradictory thing. Water is like solution for various stomach related discomforts.
This fluid helps to maintain proper amount of acid in your stomach and thus, don’t let the gas formation in your stomach and along with it lemon with water also prevents bloating.
There are a number of melons found all around the globe. And all of them are equally beneficial to health. But watermelon is perfect in all the aspects.
It is a natural diuretic and along with it the watermelon consists of about ninety-two percent of water, which makes this fruit of more importance for the people who are looking for ways to get rid of bloating.
Cucumbers are also a great help, when you are willing to get rid of your swollen stomach.
If you maintain a healthy diet, and add foodstuffs mentioned above in your diet, then for sure you are going to get relief from bloating. But just having a good diet isn’t just the solutions to get rid of bloat. There are several exercises which help you to get rid of bloating. Here are few exercises just have a look over them.
This fruit is very effective if you are looking for foodstuffs to reduce bloating, as banana is rich in potassium content. In many types of research, it is found that potassium very effective in reducing bloating.
Exercises To Reduce Bloating
1. Leg up on wall: To dismiss the symptoms related to bloating.
- Lay down with your legs up on a wall.
- Start by desk bounding on the floor.
- Such that you’re right hip is touching the base of the wall.
- Spin your body to the right until your back is on the floor.
- Place your legs on the wall.
- Try and keep your butt as close to the wall as much possible.
- Stay in this posture at least for eight to ten minutes.
- You can also place a pillow underneath your head for comfort.
2. Seat twist: you need a stable chair to perform this workout.
- Place yourself on a chair.
- Such that your buttock is touching the end of the chair and your head is lie straight.
- Keep your both the knees bent at a right angle.
- Mildly twist your superior body to the right side and then bring your right hand towards the back portion of the chair.
- Hold this posture for about thirty seconds.
- Repeat the same for the left side of your body.
- Again hold the posture for about 30 seconds and then relax.
- Don’t perform more den two sets of this exercise at a time.
3. Facing downwards: Also called the dog pose is also very effective in reducing the bloat. For this workout.
- Stand straight on both of your legs.
- After this space your leg a little bit.
- Then bend your hands, such that they come to touch the ground.
- Space your hands a little bit, such that the space between your hands is same as it’s between both the legs.
- This pose appears like a dog.
- Hold on the posture at least for a couple of seconds.
- Perform this workout under the supervision of a professional.
4. Reclining Hip stretch: This is amongst the simplest exercise to get rid of bloating, you can perform this workout on your own at any time any place and the best part is that no professional guidance is must to perform this task.
You can do it on your own, whenever you feel like bloating is overtaking your body, just go ahead and perform this exercise. This will provide you instant relief from bloating. However it is more profitable if you perform this workout on daily basis.
To perform this workout:
- Lay down straight on the ground.
- Then bend your legs and bring them closer to your pelvic region
- Keeping the ankle of both the foot together
- Stretch your bent legs in opposite directions
- Such that they appear like a mob butterfly.
- Hold on this position for a couple of minutes
- This exercise helps your intestine to open up and work efficiently.
These are a few exercises which will help you get rid of bloating, but if you find yourself too lazy to go through these workout, or you are willing to perform these exercise but lack in time, then don’t worry.
As here are some do’s and don’ts which you have to follow in your everyday daily routine to prevent your stomach from bloating. So just go through them once and try to include them in your daily routine to stay fit and healthy
Tips to Avoid Bloating
- Have a control on diet.
- Avoid drinks which are gas induced
- Flavor your foodstuffs wisely.
- Drink peppermint tea.
- Avoid the foodstuffs which may retain too much of water in your body.
- Try to minimize the salt intake
- Drink proper amount of water( water itself isn’t an harmful stuff instead it is the basic need of body to stay fit and healthy, so never ever avoid drinking water)
- Consume a good amount of potassium. (Banana, mangoes, nuts, avocado, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes and many other foodstuffs and fruits are rich in potassium.)
- Wash the vegetable before their intake
- Try to consume cooked vegetables. As they are easy to digest and don’t form much gas in the stomach and hence provide minimum chances to bloat, to upset your stomach.
- Take help of micro-organisms, try to consume foodstuffs such as yogurt which is rich in probiotics and hence prevent bloating.
- To not walk in hurry, a gentle walk always helps to get rid of bloating.
- Try to go for mild jogging during the early hours of the day.
- Practice meditation
- Eat small meals at a time
- Try to avoid artificial sweeteners
- Try to swallow limited air, that is try to have a control on bad habits like smoking, not chewing the gum or licking a candy, eating in a hurry, talking while eating and many more other activities which force you to swallow a hand full amount of air.
- Clean your colon: you can do it by taking help of programs which lands you a hand in cleaning your colon.
- Don’t take too much of stress
- Add diuretic food stuff to your diet.
- You can also use supplements to get rid of bloating as well as the gases formed in your tummy.
These are a few ways in which you can prevent your stomach from getting upset from bloating, as bloating is a serious issue it shouldn’t be neglected, instead a proper attention should be given to this problem in its initial stage so that it doesn’t cause much problem in future.
The above mentioned are few tricks and tactics which you can include in your daily routine and see the bloat float away from your life. Just a little bit of care can help you stay fit and healthy throughout your life.
You will also like other related article:
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017