Looking for a perfect workout, for your upper abs?
So if you want a simple but effective workout for your upper abs, then you can enjoy this routine. As training for six pack abs, you need to give one day for upper abs, you can try this upper abs bursting exercise.
As usual, we will go with a flow.
A right rule to train is to include cardio in the routine.
Cardio is good as it will boost fat burning that is important for strengthening and developing lean abs.
Don’t forget to include it in your workout. If you are trying to lose fat under your abdomen, then you can skip, but short and intense interval for 4-6 will be perfect.
So prepare yourself to run and get on the treadmill. You might think it is useless, but be assured that it is worth to give a chance.
Start with a slow pace for 20 seconds and start increase speed every 20 seconds. When you fell exhaust, slow down slowly. As your heart beat comes to normal, try to increase speed once again.
After this, you are ready for the next challenge.
The next exercise will now become more challenging after that intense running. The main motto of cardio exercise is to boost our after-burn effect without doing crunches.
As it is said, limit crunches to build six pack abs. So this workout plan focus on building abs without hurting the back.
You can get more upper abs exercise at 15 Upper Abs Exercises To Achieve Your Dream Body.
Now you can follow this exercise.
Exercise 1: Sicilian Crunch
- Lie down on the floor on your back with a rolled up towel under your lower back for support.
- Slide your feet under a heavy dumbbell and keep your knees folded while you lie down.
- Raise your upper body as high as you can by crunching your rib cage towards your pelvis.
- Ones you have reached the maximum height, stretch your arms straight and raise the dumbbell above your head and hold for a few seconds.
- Slowly taking about 4-5 seconds, lower the body back to starting position and repeat.
Exercise 2: Toe touch crunch
- Lie down on the floor on your back with your legs extended straight
- Raise your upper body as high as you can by crunching and raising your arms straight to touch the toes
- Slowly bring the legs down and hold them straight on the floor, simultaneously lower the upper body to starting position and repeat.
Exercise 3: Long arm weight crunch
- Lie down on the floor on your back keeping the legs at ninety degrees angle.
- Take two eight pound dumbbells in your hands and keep your arms straight.
- Raise your upper body to sit up and do the crunch while holding your arms straight and exhaling. Hold the position for a few seconds.
- Lower the body and back to starting position and repeat.
Exercise 4: Cable crunch
- Attach a rope to a pulley which lifts the weight on the stacks. This weight can be altered as per your preference and endurance.
- Sit in front of the machine facing away from it and hold the two ends of the rope from the back of your head with palms facing each other.
- Take a sitting position where your hips sit on the back of the top of your feet. Keep your elbows bent at the shoulder height.
- Crunch by moving your head down towards the floor and bend as much as you can.
- Hold the position for about 4 seconds and raise the upper body back to starting position and repeat.
Exercise 5: Raised leg crunch
- Lie down on your back with your hands behind your heads in such a way that your head rests on the palms.
- Raise your upper body as high as you can until you feel the pressure on your abs and hold for 3-4 seconds
- Slowly bring your upper body and legs back to the starting position and repeat.
Exercise 6: Bicycle crunch
- Lie down on the floor flat on your back with your arms stretched on the floor by your sides
- Place your hands under your head in a way that the head is resting on the palms. You may clutch both palm by interlocking the fingers for better grip.
- Raise your upper body by crunching and lift your thighs so that your calves are parallel to the floor.
- Turn your body slightly in a way that your left elbow touches the right knee and alternate with your right elbow touching the left knee. Ensure that your legs and head do not rest on the floor while doing this exercise.
- Repeat and alternate between the knees and elbow.
Upper Abs Workout To Get Better Result
Move 1: Run for 8-10 minute on threadmill
Move 2: Follow the below exercise
|Exercise||Sets × Reps|
|Sicilian Crunch||3 × 15|
|Toe Touch Crunches||3 × 15|
|Cable Crunch||2 × 20|
|Long Arm Weight Crunch||2 × 20|
|Raised Leg Crunch||2 × 25|
|Bicycle Crunches||2 × 30|
These both steps compete your workout.
It might look simple to compete but as we start doing, it becomes quite tough to complete. If you find it simple then you can increase weight while doing weighted crunch.
Do take care while doing it. Don’t force yourself to lift heavy.
So this complete the workout for upper abs. And without wasting time do light stretching and enjoy healthy and enjoy nutrient rich food to boost muscle recovery and muscle growth.
You will also like:
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017