Exercise is any activity that helps in enhancing one’s fitness and health and physique. A person with good physique and health also has a real personality.
A person can do exercise for various things like for weight loss, gaining a good personality, strengthening muscles and cardiovascular system.
A person who has the will to exercise can do it at home itself. He doesn’t need gym to do exercise. Everyone in this world wants to gain more with less pain, but nothing can be achieved so quickly.
He has to do some hard work to do gain a good physique and shape. Everyone in this world wants to look like a model or actor so that people will pay attention to them. It can only be achieved by doing exercises.
So, here I have listed best exercises that will help you to achieve your lean upper core.
1. Opposite Arm and Leg Raise
This exercise makes the person feel stronger and steadier. Steps for doing this is explained below:
- Align your knees under your hips and your wrists under your shoulders.
- Push your left arm to a height and left leg to your butt height.
- Hold in this position for 5-10 seconds.
- Repeat this for the right arm and right leg.
- Do 15-20 repetitions.
2. Plank on elbows
Steps are as follows.
- Come in pushup position with your butt and elbows bent
- Allow your waist to rest on your forearm.
- Note that your body is in straight line
- Hold this position for 30 sec
- Repeat this for 5-8 times.
3. Mountain climber
Steps involved are:
- Again align your body in pushup position with your hands on the ground.
- Now brace your abs and lift your left knee toward your chest.
- Hold this for 2 seconds and undo the left knee to bench slowly.
- Then raise alternate leg after 30 sec and then again rest for 30 sec.
- Repeat this for once.
4. Side plank
- Lie on your left side. Rest your body on your left forearm.
- Raise your body till your body will be in a straight line.
- Hold in this position for 30 seconds.
- Undo this slowly and then do the same on your right arm.
- Hold for 30 sec and then rest for 30 seconds.
- Repeat according to your stamina.
5. Wide-Leg Cross Sit Ups
Lie down on the ground with your legs wide open.
- Contract your core and raise your belly and touch your right hand to your left foot.
- Return to a normal position that is in the bottom and then extend your arms over your head.
- Immediately crunch up and touch the ground.
- Repeat this with touching your left hand to your right foot.
So if you want to build a lean and tones abs, you can add these exercise in your schedule. These may be basic form but are effective for upper abs.
3 sets will be sufficient at the beginning but as your strength increases you can add more sets to your workout.
More About Abs: