Everybody wants to have that well-defined and shapely sculpted butt.
It just takes a little bit of patience and perseverance to burn the extra calories and have that perfectly shaped backside of the body.
Importance of butt exercises
Fitness enthusiasts have no ifs and buts when it comes to toning the butts. Having strong glutes not only give your body the look it deserves but helps to maintain the stability of core, pelvis and hip.
Toning the largest muscle of your body, gluteus maximus, will provide support to your knees when you engage in athletic activities and prevent injuries.
Working out on these large muscle groups help burning calories and results in weight loss of the whole body.
Impact These Exercises
There are three main muscles of the butt namely, maximus, gluteus minimus and gluteus medius. These muscles make leg movements possible in all direction.
Their connection to the legs, lower back and hips enables stabilization of the back if the glutes are strengthened.
The butt exercises target each of these muscles and activate muscle fibers for stimulated growth at a faster rate.
Are you wondering how to make an effort in the right direction? Listed down are the best exercises to get a perfectly shaped butt:
Butt Exercise 1. Chair Squat
This is the simplest of all the exercises.
1. Stand straight with your back facing the chair, keeping your feet hip-width apart. Keep
your weight centered on your heels as you draw your abs in and bend forwards at the hips gradually lowering your butt closer to the chair.
2. Pause just as you are about to sit down and return to the standing position, keeping the core engaged.
You are required to do 3 sets of 1-15 reps.
Butt Exercise 2. Squat with Kick-back
To tone your squads and butt you must try this powerhouse move.
1. Stand with your legs spaced out according to shoulder width.
2. Sit back to a squat with your fists closer to your chin.
3. Extend your arms forward as you stretch your left leg straight behind you.
4. Repeat on the right side after returning to the squat position. While doing squat your weight should be on the heels. Keep your hips in a square position while you extend the leg behind you. Continue alternating the sides for a minute.
Butt Exercise 3. Knee Lift-Leg Kick
1. Lie on the right side and make sure your upper body is supported by your left elbow and tricep. It should be flat on the mat on
2. Stack your legs and hips and bend the knees. Gradually lift the top bent leg and then lower it. Now, straighten both the legs and make them fall into a small split position.
3. Make the bottom leg hover about 1-2 inches off the floor, making your knees face forward. To complete a rep you have to return back to the starting position.
With 30-40 reps you will be done with one side. Switch sides after that and repeat the same.
Butt Exercise 4. Clam Dig with Rotation
1. Lie on your right side keeping your head cradled in the right palm.
2. Bend your knees at an angle of 45 degrees in front of you. While holding a 5-8 pound dumbbell in the left hand keeping the left elbow on your left side, lift both your left leg and left arm up towards the ceiling at an angle of 90 degrees.
3. You need to keep your hips stacked while doing this exercise without rocking backwards and elbow pressed into your side.
4. You are required to hold at the top for 2 seconds before returning to start. Repeat this set for a minute and finally, switch sides.
Butt Exercise 5. Dumbbell Side Lunges
1. Stand upright with two light dumbbells.
2. After taking a large step to the left side you need to squat down to have your left thigh parallel to the floor and the dumbbells on both the hands have to touch the ground.
3. You need to sit back in this posture over the half of your butt putting the maximum pressure on your heels.
4. All kinds of pull to bend forward, has to be resisted. To return back to start you have to press through your butt.
5. The same has to be repeated for the right side and you can continue to alternate.
Butt Exercise 6. Dumbbell Sumo Sqauts
1. Stand straight with wide legs. You have to step out from the shoulder width. While holding a kettlebell or dumbbell in your hands, you have to maintain a flat back and slowly squat down so that your quads are parallel with the floor.
2. Next thing you need to do is use your core and the lower back strength to resist bending forward.
3. You will have to contract your butt and press through the heels and hamstrings.
4. You should not let your toes drive the ascension but your heels.
Butt Exercise 7. Hip-Lift Progression
This exercise is the perfect way to release tension in the lower back.
1. Lie on your back keeping the arms on the side, knees bent and feet on the floor.
2. After lifting the hips upwards, you must count 1 and lower your back down. It has to be repeated for 60 seconds squeezing your hamstrings and glutes at the same time. You must make sure that your spine is not overarched.
3. If you are comfortable with making this exercise tougher then you can extend a leg at the top of the lift. While you’re hpis are still up, you should place the foot back on the floor and gradually lower your hips.
4. This has to be repeated for 30 seconds and then you can switch to the other leg for another 30 seconds.
Butt Exercise 8. Toe Taps
1. Lie down on the floor with your arms by the side.
2. Lift your feet and bend the knees to 90 degrees so that the thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
3. You will then need to tap your toes alternatively, first left and then right, for a minute. In case you feel back ache you need not bring your toes completely down.
Butt Exercise 9. Single-Leg Front Raises
This is the ultimate thigh stretching and glute tightening exercise for better butt strength.
1. Stand with feet spaced out as per your hip-width.
2. While holding a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand, bend your right leg and raise it at a height of 3 inches from the floor.
3. Keeping both hands extended in the front at chest level and palms facing down raise your left arm above your head and count 3. You complete a set by returning your hand back to chest level.
4. After completing a total of 8, with 4 reps for each hand you need to switch legs and do 8 more while standing on your right leg.
Butt Exercise 10. Swiss-Ball Hip Raise and Leg Curl
1. Lie on the floor with your lower legs and heels on the Swiss ball.
2. Gradually push your hips upwards making your body form a straight line from the shoulders to the knees.
3. Without a pause pull your heels towards yourself and roll the ball closer to your butt. Pause and maintain this position for 2 seconds.
4. Reverse the motion to bring your body in a straight line by rolling the ball back. Gradually lower your hips back to the floor.
Butt Exercise 11. Lateral Lunge Side-Kick
1. Stand with your feet together and arms at the sides.
2. Hold 5-10 pound dumbbells in each hand.
3. Step out your right foot to the side and bend your left knee at an angle of 90 degrees to reach a side lunge position.
4. While pushing your left foot you have to come to standing with the knees bent slightly. Instantaneously you have to kick the left foot strongly out to the side and make sure that it remains flexed. Come back to the starting position.
5. 3 sets of 12-15 reps on each side are required for this exercise.
Butt Exercise 12. Pivoting Curtsy Lunge
1. Stand with your feet hip-width apart and put your right foot diagonally behind you, in a 7 o’clock position.
2. Now you need to bend both your knees so that you are in a lunge position. Bend your torso forward at 30 degrees and pulse up and down upto 15 times.
3. Straighten up your body, pivoting it to 180 degrees so that your right foot is in the front. You would now need to lower into a lunge again.
4. Pulse up and down up to 15 times on each side to finish one set. You ar required to do 3 sets.
Butt Exercise 13. Dumbbell Stepup
This exercise needs a pair of dumbbells.
1. Hold them at arm’s length on the sides. While standing in front of a bench or step, place the left foot on the step or bench to a height so that your knee bends at 90 degrees.
2. As you press your left heel into the step, you have to push your body up so that your left leg is straight and you stand on the bench with one leg while your right foot is elevated.
3. Next, you need to lower your back so that your right foot touches the floor. The same has to be repeated with your right leg.
Butt Exercise 14. Romanian Deadlifts
1. Maintain an upright poise for this exercise. Holding a barbell in the front of your bad at the thigh level gradually bend your knees.
2. Maintain a flat back while you bend at the waist and slide the weight along the front of your legs to reach the shins.
3. You have to hold the stretch for a second and then powerfully contract your butt to accelerate back up into the initial position.
4. In this exercise you your hips should not move vertically and you need to keep them stationary and the stretch has to be emphasized while you move downward. To get best results do 3 sets of 12 reps.
Butt Exercise 15. Single-Arm Dumbell Swing
1. Hold a dumbbell with an overhand grip at arm’s length in front of your waist. You can try this exercise by holding the dumbbell with two hands also.
2. Now you need to bend at your knees, hips and lower torso to form a 45 degree angle to the floor. Swing the dumbbell between your legs.
3. Thrust your hips forward with your arms straight and keep your knees straight. Next, swing the dumbbell up to the chest level while rising to the standing position.
4. You can then squat back down while swinging the dumbbell between the legs one more time. You have to swing the weight to and fro with sufficient amount of force.
Butt Exercise 16. Barbell Squats
1. One cannot think of toning the butt without tightening the muscles of the legs. This exercise is one of the best leg and butt exercises.
2. Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and hold a barbell across your traps. 3. While lowering your body down, you need to stick out your butt and maintain a flat back.
4. Your thighs should be parallel to the floor at this time. Return to the initial position by driving up through your heels.
Butt Exercise 17. Kettlebell Swings
This is one of the best exercises to burn the fat of full body. It involves fast-paced movement with high intensity. Major part of the exercise is dominated by the lower part of your body. The shoulders and the arms give closing power on the top.
1. You have to start this exercise in a wide, low position with the kettlebell in between your feet.
2. Puff out your chest, tighten your abs and with your lower back pinched, contract your glutes and swing the kettlebell in upward direction with both the hands until it reaches in-line with your face.
3. Gradually lower the weight back to the ground and stick your butt out. You have to immediately complete the next rep.
Butt Exercise 18. V-Position
It works very well for thighs, glutes and hips.
1. Stand holding the back of a chair for support, with one hand. Place your feet such that they form a V-Position, the toes should be 4 inches apart and heels presses together.
2. Now, slowly bend your knees and lift your heels a few inches off the ground. Lower your hips so that you feel your quads intensely being worked.
3. Keep pulsing up and down for 15 times to complete a set. You are required to do 3 sets for this exercise.
The exercises listed above make sure you have toned legs, thighs and butts in four weeks if you do them sincerely and regularly with a balanced diet of fewer fats and calories. Men get ready to sway the woman of your dreams with your toned butts. Ladies get ready to take out those skinny pairs of jeans after shaping, tightening and lifting your behinds and make a few heads turn!
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017