Weight loss is a big issue worldwide. You not alone suffering from sudden weight gain. Many people are suffering from weight gain.
If you are planning for crash diet to lose weight, then beware of it. As per promise, it shows quick results in weight loss. But you won’t get permanent results.
Do you know why crash diet came into the light?
We want quick results for everything…. But is it possible?
We need a quick result so we planned a diet routine that can cut down calorie intake which we think the culprit for weight gain. But stop blaming calorie for your weight gain as it an important part of life.
A calorie is utilized by our body to produce energy which we use to do every activity. No calorie means you cut down the energy source of the body.
The body is smarter or more aggressive than we are… Seriously! When we cut down the energy source, our body start utilizing the protein stored in our body to produce energy.
It attacks cell which is growing which is responsible for muscle loss. It takes time for the development of new muscle but the loss is very fast.
It is never recommended to go on these type of crash diet.
How To Recognize Crash Diet?
Crash diet a.k.a Fad diet is very simple to recognize. It gives big promise to lose weight in a few days. Know some tips to identify fad diet.
- Lose weight quickly: Lose weight quickly is the first promise made by every fad diet. It is impossible to get such a quick result with a healthy diet. It doesn’t mean that we can’t achieve our weight loss goal with a healthy diet. But the result is slower than a crash diet.
- Depend on Single Food: Depending on a single type of food like grapefruit diet is not beneficial as it doesn’t provide every nutrient our body require. If we constantly depend on it, probably we will get result but it’s temporary.
- No Calorie Diet: Want to lose weight? Cut your calorie intake which is culprit for weight gain…….. This might be slogan for crash diet. Calorie is important that is the main source of energy. Cutting calorie is always bad for the body energy system as well as metabolism.
- Cut Your Total Fat Intake: Fat is also considered bad for health. So it preferred to cut down fat intake in some diet. But dietary fat is required for normal functioning and metabolism of cells. Fats from unhealthy source is harmful.
- No Exercise: We can’t burn unwanted calorie without any physical activity. The diet which promises no exercise weight loss program then surely you must skip.
- Magical Pill or Some Fat Burning Products: It is a scam and don’t go for it.
What Is The Result of Fad Diet or Crash diet?
There are many promises made by fad diet. Do they give the result as promised?
So you might be curious about its result because it is a program designed that look very effective.
Yes! It gives the result till certain limit. During any weight loss program at the early stage we lose water weight. So when we go on a crash diet we quickly lose weight as it is water weight.
We make the assumption that crash diet is working. But when we skip it we again those weight as it was water weight.
We might also see more result as it totally cuts calorie. We get weight loss result by compromising with health. There are many health risk due to crash diet which may be not ignored when we are trying to improve health.
How Harmful Is Crash Diet?
Crash diet is very harmful than imagined. We adopt crash diet for weight loss and to improve look and to improve health. Do we make a right choice just to get quick result?
Nope it is the biggest mistake that worsen the weight gain process.
To burn calorie we need higher metabolism. Higher the metabolism more the calorie is burned.
During crash diet, metabolism is totally disturbed. With slow metabolism body not capable of utilizing calorie which result in deposition of calorie in form of fat.
We need varieties of foods which provide every type of nutrients that are vital for health and proper functioning.
If we skip any type of food we might land at risk of nutritional deficiency. Nutritional deficiency means the metabolism will be disturbed.
Remember one thing our body is made of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamin and minerals.
Our body requires every nutrient in small quantity but daily making devoid of any nutrient can disturb the whole function. Many diets only focus on a single food. Every food has different nutritional and health benefit.
Can Crash Diet Be A Hope For Weight Loss?
In future there is no chance or hope we can make for weight loss with crash diet.
As crash diet has many drawbacks than the result it is always said to avoid it. Following such a diet can cause severe health issue in the future than the result.
How Can We Lose Weight And Stay Healthy?
Going for diet than ask yourself one question “Do I want only weight loss or to get complete health solution?” If your answer is the complete health solution then you must go for a healthy diet.
Today’s diet may be rich in calorie but deficient in necessary nutrients that can actually help in weight loss and also promote health.
If you include vegetables in every serving of meal, fiber, vitamin and mineral requirement are almost complete. Along with it nuts, cereal, fruits are healthy fruit you should include.
The problem is with unhealthy food like pizza, burger, cola, etc. as it is rich in calorie and saturated fat. Minimizing the intake of such food is recommended for quick weight loss.
Tips for Quick Weight Loss
- Include fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grain, spices, etc.
- Minimize use of packed as it contains high sugar content
- Eat 4-5 small but frequent meal
- Enjoy nutritious combination food in every meal
- Eat food you like but weekly in small quantity
- Avoid diet cola or other sugar loaded foods that can increase cravings
Weight loss should not be a burden. Enjoy it with a healthy diet and also involve in physical activity like running, cycling or go to the gym.
If you are gaining unhealthy weight then it is not only a single concern. There are many diseases that are following it.
Follow healthy diet that can prevent such health issue.
Stay away from fad diet and your body will say thanks to you.
See also: Metabolism Boosting Tips to Lose Weight