Cortisol is a hormone secreted by adrenal glands situated in the kidney. It plays important in body functions and vital for life.
But it is controlled by pituitary gland located at the head. It is also known as a stress hormone that controls daily stress and pressure during work. It also maintains stress of physical exertion during a workout.
Extraordinary Function of Cortisol Hormone
- During Extreme condition when we face pain during a workout or while we get hurt it control pain.
- It also has a unique function when we face significant problems. During that time cortisol hormone stimulate the body to provide an extra source of energy for survival.
- Immunity is boosted to prevent severe disease.
Cortisol hormone is an important hormone that plays important in maintaining stress. Stress is a big issue as it is growing day by day and worsening the quality of life.
Stress leads to overeating and depression. Maintaining cortisols level in balance is important. But it is not responsible for weight gain. Factor that increases weight is overeating. It has proved that stress does not affect weight if the person is not an emotional eater.
- Prevent production of substances that cause Inflammation
- Boost Immunity
- Regulates Production and Utilization of Glucose
- Prevent Allergies
- Manage stress
- Maintain Blood Pressure
Side Effect of Excess cortisol
It is essential to the functioning of the body. As per rule of limit, anything exceeds than its required quantity can be harmful.
- Loss of calcium from bone which increases fractures of bone
- High blood pressure
- Immunity also degrades
- Inflammation response also decreases
How Cortisol Hormone Increases
Cortisol secretion increases due to change in lifestyle
- Restriction of Calorie in diet
- Lack Of Sleep
- Increase in Caffeine
So it is important to sleep deeply and healthy diet.
Cortisol is important to maintain stress and to control pain.
So follow few tips
- Have a quality sleep for 8 hr.
- Limit caffeine
- Avoid Overtraining
- Follow Healthy Diet
- Practice meditation
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017