People always find different ways to flatten and tone their belly areas, but they fail to follow the old abdominal exercise routine. It is important to add some useful exercise routine that will help to build toned abdominal muscles.
One such exercise is the vertical leg crunch that aims at improving the original crunches to focus on the strengthening and toning effects on the middle as well as side abdominal muscles.
This workout does not require any external equipment and helps to reduce your stomach fat. It is especially beneficial to athletes who try to develop well-defined six pack abs muscles.
Steps to Do Vertical Leg Crunch
To perform this exercise, you require to lie on your back and extend your legs into the air.
- Your legs should be kept straight as it helps to tone your hip flexor and thigh muscles.
- The hands should be placed at the back of your head or next to your hips to let your lower back remain flat. You can activate and isolate your obliques more efficiently keeping your ankles crossed while doing this exercise.
- Lift your shoulder blades and raise your upper body while contracting your ab muscles to reach your chest. Do not move your legs while you lift your chest.
- Then come back to your initial position by lowering your shoulder blades and then again lifting them for ten to fifteen repetitions.
As you repeat this exercise make sure that your lower spine completely pressed on the floor, and your legs are kept steady. Once you perform this exercise well, you can move towards doing a full vertical leg crunch.
It is same as that of a vertical leg crunch the only difference being that you will lift your heels while lifting your shoulder blades. You have to place your palms near your hips to achieve balance.
You can also tent your fingers on the back of your head or ears while lifting your hips and shoulder blades from the floor.
This exercise can be more challenging than that of a vertical leg crunch since you require to activate your lower abdominal muscles along with upper abdominal muscles simultaneously.
Do this exercise for ten to fifteen repetitions or some more repetitions as you gain strength.
Benefits Of Performing Vertical Leg Crunch
- It can strengthen lower as well as upper abdominal muscles. It isolates your abdominal muscles and does not need any equipment. With the increase in core strength, you will be more proficient in various aerobic activities such as running, swimming, walking and cycling. It can enhance your stamina and give a boost to your athletic performance.
- It greatly helps to improve your posture and balance. It corrects poor posture and cause fewer muscle spasms.
- It helps to build and tone your ab muscles that can boost your metabolism. Leaner muscles need more amount of energy to a function that tends to burn more calories.
- It can help you achieve a flatter stomach that can give a boost to your confidence.
- It can help you effectively deal with stress and negative emotions. It keeps you away from anxiety and depression.
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017