There are many misconceptions and myth about egg.
Is eating egg yolk
good for health? Should we eat the yolk or not?
Does it promote weight loss? And many more questions.
Go through the article that provides complete information that you might need to know to get it full health benefits.
Also, know why it is necessary for building muscle and weight loss.
Eggs are packed with high protein. It is not only known for its protein content but also popular due to its high nutrient content.
- Protein: Protein is the most important nutrient for cell growth and to repair wear and tear of damage cells. A whole egg contains 6.3g of protein ( white-3.6g, yolk 2.7g of protein). So if you want complete benefits of egg you might not miss its yolk that is equally valuable as egg white.
- Sodium: Sodium is an essential electrolyte. Maintaining the balance of ions level in the body is important. Thus, it maintains a fluid level of cells. Also, it is necessary for a healthy heart, brains and also prevents dehydration. It contains Approx. 60mg of sodium.
- Vitamin A: Important for eyesight, normal bone development, healthy skin and immune system. It is also best antioxidants that reduce the risk of free radical which cause ageing and cancer.
- Vitamin D: Important nutrients that promote bone and teeth development. Without Vitamin D, calcium and phosphorous cannot be absorbed. So it plays a significant role of absorbing and supply of calcium in the body.
- Vitamin E: It is important antioxidants that prevent cell damage caused due to free radicals. It is also necessary for the development of the cell membrane.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B6 and B12 plays an important role in the development of red blood cells. Folate plays an important role in preventing neural tube defect in uterus thus prevents birth defects.
- Fat: Dietary fat is essential for normal body development and functioning. Egg yolk is rich in dietary fat i.e. Omega 3 and Omega 6. They are important for cell development and many more health benefits. Since the yolk is rich in Omega 3 & 6 you can eat the yolk along with egg white. If cholesterol is the problem, then you can eat only 1 whole egg daily. It will not harm you if you eat 1 egg daily along with its yolk.
- Calcium: It is essential for bone, teeth and cell development.
- Selenium: Selenium is important for antioxidants and also protect from heavy metal poisoning.
- Carbs: It source of energy during the workout.
Cholesterol – Do Eating Eggs Yolk Harm You
It’s everyone’s concerns that eggs are not healthy food due to its high cholesterol level. An egg yolk contains 200 mg of cholesterol.
The American Heart Association recommends only 300 mg of cholesterol.
But yolk contains dietary cholesterol, which is not a major risk factor for health. The good reason to eat yolk is Omega 3 & Omega 6.
Egg yolk contains a good amount of Omega 3 which is needed to burn fat effectively and lose weight. Thus, you can gain benefits of yolk with Omega 3. Omega 6 promotes a healthy heart.
If you are facing cholesterol problem, then you can eat 1 whole egg daily. There is no harm in eating 1 egg daily.
Include a whole egg with yolk and other just white portion. It will reduce the intake cholesterol that is present in the yolk.
3 Myths of fat loss
1. Egg yolk is not healthy
It’s only a myth that eggs yolk is not healthy. The yolk contains high dense nutrients.
It contains high vitamin, mineral, omega 3, omega 6 and high protein equal as egg white. So it can’t be unhealthy due to its rich nutrient content.
2. Fat is too Bad
All fat are not made equally. There harmful fats that are to be avoided.
There are many good fats needed for proper functioning of the body. Instead, good fats promote weight loss.
Egg contains good fat such as Omega 3 & Omega 6.
3. Cholesterol is always bad and Harmful
It is not that cholesterol that is bad and harmful. There are two types of cholesterol bad and good.
Good cholesterol known as HDL is needed for proper body function. It is important as it provides insulation to nerve cells in the brain and also builds and repair cells.
It is the bad cholesterol known as LDL that affects the health and should be avoided.
Health benefits of Eating Egg White and Yolk
- Provides High Protein to build muscle
- Good source of carbs important for quick energy supply
- Variety of Vitamin and Mineral
- Proper Bone Development
- Promotes Weight Loss
- Super food for Pre Workout and Post Workout