Weight loss not about a strict diet, but it’s about a healthy lifestyle.
To lose weight, we have to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Weight loss isn’t possible without with a well-balanced nutritional intake.
It’s a change in lifestyle by adopting healthy routine. It includes physical exercise, healthy diet that balance number of calories consumed and calorie utilized by the body.
Healthy eating can improve the health and prevents from various diseases such as heart disease, stroke and cancer that are the leading cause of death in teenagers.
BMI Index Chart
|< 18.5||Under Weight|
|18.5 – 24.9||Normal|
|25.0 – 29.9||Over Weight|
|30.0 or higher||Obese|
Obesity can also be determined by:
Waist circumference to determine obesity —
- Men with more than 40-inch waist are obese.
- Women with more than 35-inch waist are obese.
Best Weight loss Guide to Lose Weight Naturally
Calorie balance is the most important part of a weight loss plan. Calorie balance means the amount of calorie consumed and the calorie utilized.
To maintain proper weight loss, it is important to take care of calorie intake.
Excess calorie intake than consumed promotes weight gain.
But if calorie intake is less than then it will lead to losing weight that is also not good for health.
So maintain a proper and well-balanced diet that includes Fruits, Grain and Vegetables, Beans, Eggs, Nuts, Fish, Poultry.
Diets should be low in saturated fats, Tran’s fat, cholesterol, salts and added sugars.
Foods should be less in calorie, Trans fat, cholesterol’s hence it should be fat-free.
Whole Grains, Beans, Vegetables, Fruits can be best foods.
These foods are highly nutritious as it contains protein; carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals also contain fibers.
A regular healthy diet helps in weight loss and also improves health condition and lower risk for many diseases.
Beverages and food with artificial sugars such as desserts, canned foods, and sweetened drinks should be avoided. These foods add calorie to the diet and provides no nutrient.
Benefits of Healthy Eating
- Healthy eating is good for proper growth and development of the body.
- It helps to stay healthy and fit.
- It prevents chronic diseases like heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases
- It also prevents high blood cholesterol, low blood cholesterol and type 2 diabetes.
- It prevents cancer like colon, prostate, breast, endometrial.
- It also helps to prevent obesity, dental cavities, iron deficiency, etc.
Physical Exercise to Lose Weight Naturally
Physical exercise keeps the body fit and healthy. A daily workout helps to maintain the healthy weight.
Physical exercise helps to lose excess calorie and gain a healthy weight.
Physical exercise improves all over health. It is considered the major part of healthy weight loss program. It helps to lose fats and maintain good fats in the body.
A healthy weight cannot be gained by without exercise.
Benefits of physical exercise:
- It promotes healthy weight loss and proves to burn excess fats quickly.
- It improves the quality of health and prevents cancer and type 2 diabetes.
- It improves cardiovascular health and improves lung capacity and prevents heart disease.
- It improves mental health and reduces depressions and anxiety.
Exercise For Better Health.
- Brisk walking for 15-20 minutes.
- Jogging or Running.
- Cycling or Swimming.
- Workout in the gym can also be better.
- Yoga and Meditation also provide physical and mental health. It proves beneficial to many diseases such as depression, heart disease, cancer, diabetes and many more.
To be fit, it is prescribed to exercise up to 120-150 minutes in a week. Also, 20 minutes of exercise daily also benefit the health.
Setting the right goals is a first important step. Setting a healthy diet and physical exercise is critical.
For overall health benefits and to reduce the risk of health, aim for 30 minutes moderate exercise.
To lose weight and to prevent further weight gains try to exercise for 45-60 minutes. This exercise can be moderate to vigorous physical exercise.
A teenager can do this for 5 days in a week. To follow these exercises always try to make a pattern that provides alternate day moderate and vigorous exercise.
Running is a strenuous exercise, and it can be followed with cycling or swimming that provides relaxation and recovery from running injuries.
This pattern helps to lose weight fast and make exercise fun.
2 Principles of Successful Weight Loss
Being specific towards exercise and setting a realistic goal are most important. Being specific to exercise such as walking 30 minutes daily is an unrealistic goal. It is not possible to do an exercise daily.
- Walking 30 minutes for 5 days a week can be realistic and concrete goal
- Exercise for teenager has many options such as taking part in any sports events
- Play Football or Cricket or any sports of their choice
- Take part in a local marathon
Healthy Weight Loss can be achieved by taking adequate care and following some steps.
- Include every type of food such as Grains, Fruits, Vegetables and Beans in the daily diet.
- Include Poultry products in the diet but not in excess.
- Avoid fast foods as much as possible.
- Maintain a healthy exercise schedule and follow it which is most important.
- Avoid calorie dense food with those high sugar, fats and oil content. Also avoid sweetened soft drinks.