The dip is one of the effective exercises for strengthening the pushing muscle of your upper body namely chest, shoulders and triceps. The triceps dips are one of the variations of the basic dip exercise.
This exercise helps in toning your triceps that is the muscle present in the back part of your upper arm.
Triceps dips are one among the basic body weight exercise, and it does not require many types of equipment. If you do not have a bench, then you can also perform triceps dips with the bed.
Steps to do Triceps Dips
- Place your hands with shoulder width apart either on a stable chair or secured bench.
- Slowly slide your butt from the front of the chair or bench and your legs must be stretched out in front of you.
- Your arms must be straight and keep your elbows in a little bend position to retain tension on triceps and also off your elbow joints.
- Gradually bend your elbows to lower your body towards the ground till your elbows attain about 90-degree angles. Ensure to keep your back in proximity to the bench.
- On reaching the bottom of the dip movement, you must press down into the bench and straighten your elbows efficiently and must return to the starting position. It signifies the successful completion of one rep.
- Place your shoulders down when you lower or raise your body. You can also modify this workout by bending your legs.
Benefits of Triceps Dips
Dips are the advanced exercise that focuses the triceps involving the shoulder joint as well as the elbow. It is one of the great travel exercises and requires no equipment.
As mentioned earlier, it can be done easily with the aid of chair or bench. They are the challenging upper body strengthening exercise.
There are numerous benefits by doing this exercise, especially for your upper body structure.
Here are some of the key benefits
- Compound Exercise: Triceps dips are the type of the compound exercise requiring movement around various multiple joints. These exercises are beneficial they develop multiple and major muscle groups efficiently. This is an excellent workout to build strength and tone your multiple muscle groups.
- Improves muscle strength: Triceps dips exercise builds strength in your upper body muscles. Dip exercise primarily targets strengthening your triceps brachii and also the upper chest, anterior deltoids and more.
- Easily modifiable exercise: Dips can be modified easily either to decrease or increase a difficulty. There are many variations in the dip exercise, and you can perform the exercise that you want to do.
Workouts or the exercises that work with the triceps are often operated above and behind the head and also by putting the lifter at an uncomfortable position.
All that occurs may not even necessarily challenge your triceps to do their maximum potential.
Triceps dips are the best exercise that challenges triceps and many other upper muscle groups of your body.
It has been one among the popular workouts in the gym from many years. It is an excellent exercise that assists in muscle building.
What muscle groups are worked in triceps dips?
This exercise targets mainly the upper body muscle groups including triceps, pectoral and also your shoulder regions.
Furthermore, based on your grip, expertise, and position, this exercise can also be challenging towards your abdominal region that stabilizes you while doing the triceps dips exercise.
This exercise is an excellent method for strengthening your body muscles efficiently.
Triceps dips are one of the most powerful workouts for the triceps. If done properly, this workout can lead to faster muscle growth and also aids in building the muscle strength efficiently.
Some useful tips
Below stated are some of the significant pointers that you must follow when doing the triceps dip exercise.
- You must never do triceps dip if you are suffering from a shoulder injury.
- Remember; never dip over 90-degree angles when doing this exercise. It can cause negative strain to your shoulder, and there are increasing chances of the shoulder injury.
- Be careful if you are dipping on a swivel or rolling chairs. An ideal and safe sitting is on a stable bench or chair. If dipping on a swivel chair, keep the chair on the carpet and ensure that it is placed in a secure location and ensure preventing chair movement when doing dipping.
You must do the exercise carefully, as negligence can lead to injury.
Performing triceps dip is an effective way to strengthen your triceps, and it also aids in proper blood circulation.
It is essential to do this exercise regularly to tone your triceps muscles.
Follow the correct procedure and perform the triceps dip exercise regularly to strengthen your upper arm muscles.
It is a simple and great exercise to build your upper body muscles and helps in strengthening your triceps efficiently.
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017