For most people, losing weight is the top priority, but if you are thin, then you may be struggling to gain weight.
The article provides you some healthy tips to gain weight.
To gain weight, you need to increase your caloric intake. You must consume weight gaining foods that have high nutrient content such as dairy products, seafood, meats, nuts, seeds, legumes, avocado and olive.
Steps to follow on how to gain weight in a healthy way
- You must first determine your calorie level. Estimate the calorie level that is needed by your body on a daily basis to maintain the current weight. It can be easily done by calculating and evaluating your body’s resting metabolic rate. You can utilize the online calculator to evaluate your RMR. You will get to know the calorie that is needed by your body on a routine basis by calculating your RMR, and with this, it is easier to plan your diet.
- The next step is you must estimate how many calories have to be consumed to gain weight. You must evaluate how many calories your physical activity burns and must add those calories in your daily food intake.
- You have to change your diet plans to reflect a greater calorie count. Make sure that you have 3 solid meals daily and also 2 or 3 large snacks.
- You must drink fruit juices, shakes and milk daily; you can have it with your meals to add extra calories.
- You must include high calorie and nutritious food items in your daily diet to add the required calories to your body.
- You can include foods such as whole grain bread that are topped with jelly, peanut butter, cheese in your diet.
- Consume plenty of starchy vegetable, and dense fruit.
- You can utilize the healthy oils such as palm oil, olive oil in your food.
Things To Avoid While Gaining Weight
You must avoid eating the foods with empty calories and those foods that are unhealthy.
Trans fats found in processed foods must be avoided as they many cause potential dangers on your heart health. Trans fats food includes the foods that are more processed and also packaged foods such as cookies, cakes, meats, snack foods and more.
Lifting weights will aid you to convert all those extra calories that you are consuming into muscle instead of fat. This will stimulate your appetite and improves the rate of your body’s metabolism, and you will have to eat healthy foods to gain and maintain your weight.
Helpful Weight Gaining Tips
- Here are some of the healthy weight gaining tips that you must follow to gain weight. You must include an extra piece of whole grain bread or toast along with peanut butter in your breakfast.
- You can add extra cheese and can utilise extra egg to an omelet. Have an apple with nut butter. You can consume the yogurt along with chopped nuts and honey. You must try to have green vegetables with butter, olive oil and cheese. Consume the trans-fat free foods and snacks top gain weight in a healthy manner.
- You can have plain potatoes with cheese sauces or gravy that add more calories to your body. You can consume protein bars to increase your calories and protein intake. Drink more and more fresh fruit juices and milk to gain weight.
Tips For Meal Planning
If you are the kind of individual who are not used to eating much food at any one particular time, you can prefer to consume small snacks or meals throughout the day.
- You can increase your food consumption portion sizes and can add more healthy food items to each of your meal. Remember, the meals that you consume must be balanced with proper amounts of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- You can select a generous portion of fish, meat, poultry, legumes, or seafood and can have with the side of colourful and green vegetables and can also include some starchy eatables such as sweet corn, pasta, potatoes or rice.
- If you like to have smaller meals or snacks throughout the day, you can choose a trail mix that is made from dried fruits, nuts, seeds and granola. Eat sandwiches and bread along with nut butter or peanut or you can prepare sandwiches with roast beef or chicken slices and can add extra calories with avocado or cheese. Creamed soups have higher in calories, and this can add more calories to your body.
- Dietary supplements are also found in the market which can aid you to gain weight. But, some of them can cause potential dangerous to your health and may not provide the desired results. It is advisable that you consult your healthcare provider prior taking any of the dietary supplements.
- Weight lifting or the resistance training exercise can aid you to improve your muscle size that can improve the weight of your body. Aerobic exercise like stationary bicycling, running, is the best exercises for fat loss. You must note that excessive aerobic training exercise can cause weight loss.
Top foods that aid to gain weight
- Salmon: It is essential to take two to three servings of salmon on a daily basis as it provides the required proteins to your body and can aid in increasing your weight.
- Peanut butter: It has higher protein levels and you can top peanut butter on the sandwiches or bread to have higher protein intake, it is said that one serving of this will provide about 192 calories to your body.
- Eggs: Eggs are full of proteins and are easily found, they aid your body to get good cholesterol and also are rich in Vitamins A, D and E.
- Granola: One cup of granola has sufficient oats and nuts that are enough for your body to provide the required calories. One bowl of granola can provide approximately 500 calories, and this is one among the healthy breakfast that you can have.
- Butter: Butter is the well-known fact that butter aids in gaining weight. But, you must consume it in limited quantities as the excess intake of butter can cause bad effects on your heart.
Fruit juice is one of the tasty and best ways to put on some extra calories to your body. Cheese is considered as one of the food items that aids in gaining weight. It is said that one serving of this item can add about 69 calories to the body as it is made from the concentrated milk and is rich in proteins. It also provides a good amount of fat, calcium, and cholesterol to the body.
Pasta is an excellent supplier of cereal carbohydrates, and this can add enough calories to your body. Dried fruits, whole wheat bread and shrimps can also provide the healthy calories to your body.
Fruit Yogurt is said to contain low fat and it is also recognised as one among the food that can add to your body weight. It is said that it can provide 118 essential calories to your body.
Brown rice has a higher content of fiber and can provide the essential carbohydrates to your body. There are numerous other fruits and foods that can aid you to gain weight such as banana, seeds, nuts, potatoes, chicken breast, soy bean and more.
How to Gain Weight in One Week
Weight gaining does not have to be challenging or costly. You can use the home remedies provided and can make some changes in your routine exercise and diet to gain weight in a week.
- You can discuss with the health care provider to select the best method to gain weight based on your body’s strength and abilities.
- You have to consume more food in order to gain weight, and this can be a tough task if you have a small appetite and you are not used to consume more food.
- The easiest way is dividing your meals into four or five small ones and consuming it throughout the day this can aid you to gain weight easily and quickly.
- You can eat the small meals for every three hours and also drink the juices or beverages 30 minutes prior having meals or after the meals.
Gaining weight in a week requires having 500 calories or more in a day than your body calorie burns. As mentioned earlier, you can have extra calories by using peanut butter, honey, cheese and more. Strength training is also vital for gaining weight.
Cardiovascular exercises can cause it difficult for you to gain weight while a moderate strength training exercise can aid you to gain weight.
There is no requirement for you to go to the gym; you can practise the exercise at your home. You can buy the resistance bands or weights and can do the exercise comfortably at your home.
You have to perform your strength training exercises for at least three times in a week. You can do things such as pushups, squats, triceps extensions, lunges, crunches and more.
Simple Secrets to Gain Weight
You can gain weight if you strictly follow your diet and strength training exercise. Here are simple secrets that can aid your chances of putting on weight.
- You must monitor your progress frequently. You can keep records in a chart or log book. Make a note of your calorie intake and workout session and also regularly measure your weight and triceps dimensions.
- Review your record to determine how much progress you are making in gaining weight. Take your time to analyse the things properly and plan your calorie intake and exercise accordingly.
- A weight gaining and exercise program is not an easy task. It requires dedication and efforts. It takes time and also you must maintain consistency and discipline to make your program to work and meet your weight gaining goals.
- You must be dedicated and motivated to achieve weight gaining goals.
Healthy and fast ways to gain weight
- Manipulation of the catabolic process is the best way that can aid in gaining weight in a more rapid way. When your body’s catabolic process is suppressed the anabolic hormones in the body will increase, and the catabolic hormones are decreased, and this aids in preserving the calories that you consume. The calories are converted into protein synthesis, and the essential proteins are obtained from the body. This helps in gaining weight.
- To gain weight, the imperative thing that you must do is creating energy deficits in your body. The best way to achieve energy deficits is by doing proper exercise. A healthy weight gain diet and proper exercise are the best ways to improve your weight. Calories must be supplied to your body, and this can be done by consuming calorie and nutrient rich food. You must consume those food items that are rich in protein and carbohydrates.
- Individuals can be underweight due to numerous reasons such as from inadequate feeding habits, poor selection nutrients, increased physical activity and work, lack of sleep, extended meal time gaps can be some of the reasons for underweight.
- Other reasons can include prolonged illness and diseases such as cancer, tuberculosis, eating disorders and more. Whatever the reason may be with proper diet plans you can improve your weight.
- Healthy weight gain is very imperative, and gradual weight gain is the best method for gaining weight. It is said that you can increase 0.5 kg of your weight by increasing 500 calories per day. You must calculate the calorie level of your body and must gain the weight as per your height, gender and age.
- Exercise also plays an imperative role in weight gain. Practise flexibility and weight exercises training every day. You can also consume dietary supplements to gain weight; you should take the right amount of fat, carbohydrate and protein to have a healthy weight gain. Dairy products and nuts are the best food items that can aid you in gaining weight.
- The key for building muscle is the protein; you must consume the food that has higher levels of proteins. You must also drink plenty amount of water, to stay healthy.
As mentioned earlier, the reason for underweight can be because of poor workout, poor nutrition or diet, poor motivation and more. If you want to improve your weight, you must have proper meal planning.
- You must calculate the calorie that is required for your body to increase the weight. You can calculate the present calorie level of your body by using online calculator. You can enter the necessary details such as height, weight, age; the calculator will estimate the calorie level and specifies the calorie that is required to your body.
- You can include the nutrient and protein rich foods in your diet to increase your weight. There are many foods that on consuming give more calories. It is said that one banana can aid to provide 100 calories to your body. The leafy and green vegetables, fish, eggs, butter, cheese, peanut butter, healthy cooking oils such as olive oil, can provide the essential nutrients to your body. You can consult the medic and plan the diet and exercise based on your body’s requirements.
- Gaining weight requires dedicated work and motivation. If you are determined to gain weight then surely you will succeed. There are numerous weight gaining supplements that can aid to gain the weight. Make sure that you consume them only with the advice of the expert.
- The main aspect that you must remember is to follow strict diet plans and regular exercise to gain and maintain weight. Avoid eating unhealthy food it will not contribute to gain weight. They cause dangerous effects to your body.
You must make sure that you are following a good and healthy diet to gain weight.