Did you put on weight after pregnancy?
Are you worried on how to lose your weight?
Here are the smart weight loss tips to get back your fit body and wear your favorite pre-pregnancy jean!
Many mums find it difficult to have a healthy weight loss and most of the young mothers are frightened to take steps to cut out their calories.
They think it can be achieved with a healthy diet and simple exercises, but the real fact is to keenly focus on getting back to the desired shape which requires immense care and safety measures.
If you have had a baby and are trying to lose your calories, here are some fantastic tips to get back your shape.
Where to Start?
Post pregnancy requires time for the body to take a rest and recover, it may take up to six weeks or so depending upon the body. So it is very important to wait for recovery.
For caesarean delivery, it may take a little longer time for the body to recover fully.
Getting consultation with your doctor is essential before thinking about losing weight.
1. Have a Healthy Diet
Don’t get adapted to strong diets.
As you have just crossed your strenuous feat, you might be tiring as your hormones are bit weaker and getting back to recover.
So, don’t put your body under stress by having a strategic diet.
Just follow the simple diet with nutrition supplements and healthy exercise plans.
- Avoid junk foods
- Fill your fridge with lots of fruits and fresh vegetables
- Take healthy snacks like yoghurt, nuts, fiber-rich grains and cereals
Make note of your daily intake with a food diary to track your eating habits.
2. Breastfeed your Baby
It is a truth that women who breastfeed burn up calories easily. It is because of the amount of energy it takes to produce milk.
Few mums don’t find weight loss until they stop breastfeeding. But it generally depends on how healthy you are and intake of calories.
A good advice to the young mums is that you should not restrict your diet as it is a fact that you diet may affect the quality of the bread milk that is produced. Anyhow, make sure by consulting your doctor.
3. Exercise regularly
It is tough to have a crucial weight loss, but yet you can try the exercise with simple workouts of treadmill and ellipticals for cutting off your calories.
You can also try out with
- Deep belly breathing
- Head and shoulder lift
- Pilates and more.
Safety Tips for exercise:
- Keep your neck relaxed and knees bent
- If you are supposed to do exercise with your baby, then support the baby’s head and spine
- Don’t have rapid, jerky movements
4. Think Positive:
Always keep a positive attitude before setting your goals.
- Reward and motivate yourself for every achievement.
- Be joyful with the baby and don’t stress more as you have to take care of your baby too.
- Stop when you feel exhausted and refill your energy with fresh juice before setting back to the workouts.
- Ask your family to encourage and help you out.
- Don’t skip meals and most of all make it a healthy diet.
- Drink plenty of water and low-calorie fluids.
- Keep realistic goals and move towards it.
- Remember that it may take few days (months) to get back into shape, so don’t be bothered.
If you put on weight, it takes the time to come off so be patient and continue your weight loss goals.
Visit your doctor and check up your body regularly, discuss regarding the weight management.
Finally, be mindful while eating, as it can motivate your fitness activities. But never go overboard with your fitness workouts, keep yourself relaxed and inspired.