With the rising rate of obesity there was an emergence of many weight loss products. When there was demand of weight loss products, many diet plan was also made.
These diets were planned to help lose weight. But its principle was based on nutrition deficiency or other method. It started getting more attention due to its big promises.
Is it effective?
If it is not effective then how to recognize it and why to skip fad diet?
How To Recognize Fad Diet
- Promise rapid weight loss(more than 2 pounds a week)
- Differentiate good and bad food
- Depends on single food (e.g. Grapefruit juice)
- Prefer liquid diet instead of normal diet
- Less physical activity
- Fast and painless weight loss
- Triggers metabolism to burn more fat
- Nutrients deficient diet by avoiding carbs, fat or sugar
- Restrict food selection and certain food combination
- Promotes to eat single type of food
- Promotes to skip meal and provides certain drink
- No scientific evidence or no evidence in national health organizations
- Promotes any products
- Based on special pill, herbs or miracle powder
Why to avoid Fad Diet | Health Effects
There are many promises made with a fad diet. It may be effective, but it makes you repay more than this.
You might able to achieve your weight loss goal. But its effect does not last longer. And fad dieting is not preferred for a long time.
If you tend you take fad diet for longer then you will get some drawbacks. Your health is at risk with this fad diet. Health risk with the fad diet is listed below.
Nutrition Deficiency: Nutrition Deficiency is the most common problem caused due to eating single type of food. Our body needs carbs, protein, vitamin, minerals, fats, etc. in the daily diet. But during fad diet routine there is a restriction to many food types. Due to this body lacks in various types of nutrients. Thus nutrition deficiency is most common problem during fad diet.
Disturbed Metabolism: Metabolism is totally disturbed during dieting. Our body works continuously and tells us when it needs food. But due to fad diet pattern metabolism is disturbed. It is disturbed due to certain food deficiency, skipping meals or dependent on a juice diet.
Uncertain Muscle Loss: Low Carb and high protein diet or diet low in fat harm our body very adversely. Due to the lack of carbs or fat, body uses protein as the source of energy. So protein stored in our body, in forms of cell is reduced. So fad diet leads to muscle loss.
Eating Disorder: Due to continuous exposure to pill or metabolism depressant, body metabolism is disturbed. Due to this disturbed metabolism, it urges us to eat heavily after fad diet routine. Due to unnecessary eating we gain more weight that was lost during dieting.
So it is suggested to stay away from fad diets that promise quick weight loss.
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017