Pain in the knee refers to runner’s knee.
It is caused due stress due to
increase in the intensity of running. It may cause due to week quadricep. It is most common to runners.
It is a described as a medical condition that cause pain around the front of the knee. It is due to excess stress caused by the knee.
When you run on an uneven surface or run with high-intensity kneecap moves up and down in your thighbone.
Due to this, there is friction in the knee that generates an irritation in the knee. Due to this cartilage below the knee cap become rough. It decreases its mobility and swelling near the knee region.
Symptoms of Runner’s Knee Injury
According to Mayo Clinic, the symptoms of Runner knee injury are as follows.
- Swelling and Stiffness.
- Popping or crunching noise in the knee.
- Redness or warmth to the touch.
- Inability to fully straighten the knee.
- Weakness or instability.
- Constant pain in the knee during moving.
Causes of Runner’s Knee Injury
Research of the Journal of Sports Medicine has laid down causes of Runner’s knee injury.
- Weak quadricep leads to the knee injury: While running, you are at high to get your quadricep injured. It is mostly due to weak quadricep muscles. Squat and lunges are the best workouts for strengthening quadricep muscle.
- Tight calves or hamstring muscles: Before any workout calves and hamstring muscles are tight. A proper warm-up and stretching increase the flexibility of calves and hamstring muscles and protect from a knee injury.
- Running on an uneven surface: Running on uneven surface increase friction of knee cap and underneath muscle. So it increases injury in Runner’s Knee.
- The increase in the long run or intensity of running: It is always good to increase distance and intensity slowly.
- Previous injuries such as dislocation of the knee cap: Take precautions while running if you have previous injuries such as dislocation of the knee cap. Consult specialist before starting your running schedule.
RICE Therapy is the best way to treat the injury.
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017