To fulfill essential needs, the life of common man becomes stressful and uneasy. The hassles, deadlines, requirements, demands, love, and desires are exerting oodles of pressure on the brain.
For some people, stress is now becoming part of their life, and they are living a stressful life in a common way.
A small amount of pressure can act positively for you. The stress, pressure can motivate some people to perform better and achieve their goals.
On the other hand, some people can’t handle the pressure and then stress will transform into depression.
We all know the adverse effects depression can have on all aspects of life.
There are plenty of emotional, behavioral and physical symptoms that can be viewed as signs of stress.
A person can be compelled to live stressful life due to any reason. It depends on individual thinking and mentality.
What is Stress?
Stress is a kind of physical response to actions that can make you feel defenseless and hence upset the balance of your mind in some way.
The answer to the stress is the way of body to protect you. Stress happens when your body feels that you can’t deal with the circumstances, and the physiological responses generated by your brain will trouble you a lot.
Stress can either help you in growing or becomes the reason behind the problems.
You can visualize stress as simply a fact of nature which forces you from inside out.
The response to stress depends on the way that individual opt-in to deal with it.
Because of the overdose of stress in hectic modern routines, people typically believe that stress is a negative experience, but from another point of view, stress can be a neutral, negative, or positive experience.
When you feel stressed, your body will release Neurochemicals and hormones to take appropriate action to deal with stress.
Now if you don’t take the right action to control your stress level, it means you are inviting adverse health problems to your body. It is up to you how you handle and control your stress problem.
Sign of Stress
Many a times it happens that a person isn’t aware of the fact that he or she is struck by stress. It is the stress that is resulting physical and emotional trouble in life.
Before, it gets too late you should understand the Sign of stress and then take appropriate action to get rid of stress. Common signs of stress are:
- Headaches: Constant headaches are the first sign of stress. When your body is stressful, your head will bear the maximum burden of it, and that make it ache restlessly. It would be better if you find the treatment of headaches at very initial stage otherwise the problem will get worst.
- Stammering: Introduction of stammering in your behavior is the clear sign of stress. A stressed out person don’t feel confident as a result; he or she stammer. Even if you notice that your friend or family members are stammering then try to provide moral support and determine the reason behind it.
- Memory problems: When a person forgets each and every important event of his or her life, then it is explicable that he or she is in a lot of stress. Whether it is car key, wallet, email password or kid’s name, for the stressed mind it isn’t possible to memorize quickly. In case you are facing the same problem, then you are stressed from inside out.
- Mood Swings: In case a person is behaving abnormally then it is due to stress. A stress stricken mind switches mood swings rapidly. You will observe amalgamation of blissfully happy and the dull, sad mood in a person who is disturbed from inside.
- Loneliness: is the root of stress. A person who doesn’t have anyone to celebrate success and share failure will obliviously feel stressed. Everybody needs someone to share happiness and sadness of life. In case you are feeling lonely then you can visit your family or make some cool friend to hang out. You will feel better.
- Isolation: A stressed struck person wants to stay alone all the time. It is because the stressed person doesn’t feel himself compatible with other people. So in future, if you find any of your friends with gravel expression, try to help him or her.
- Anger: Constant anger rover in the mind of a stressed person. It is difficult for a frazzled person to control anger for anyone. Whether it is a colleague, kids or stranger, all have to bear the anger of stressed person.
- Lack of concentration: It is true fact that it isn’t possible for a person to concentrate on any piece of work in stress. In case you are feeling reluctant towards the work of your interest, then you might be a victim of stress.
- Sweating: Constant sweating can give you glaring signal that you are stressed. A stressed out person gets sweat often. It is due to the hideous fact that is troubling from inside.
- Dry mouth: Many a times your body tries its level best to indicate that you are in stress and dry mouth is one of them. It is because when a person is under stress, he or she ignores health entirely.
- Signs of aging: Dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles aren’t merely signs of aging, they are signs of stress! These signs make aware about the stress level of your mind. The more strong these signs are, the more stressed you are. So pay heed to the reasons behind these signs of aging before applying any random anti aging cream on them.
- Decision: Difficulty in taking a decision is another sign of stress. It is because a person loses focus and makes mistakes; as a result, he or she always remained confused in making the appropriate decision.
- Dizziness: A stressed person is prone to dizziness. He or she will always feel weak. This weakness is more mentally as compared to physically. The entire world will seem to be spinning round and round.
- Itching: In case you are feeling itchy without any allergy, then you might be a victim of stress. Sensations like itching, hives, rashes and ghost bumps are a positive sign of stress. Such symptoms clearly indicate that you are troubled from inside.
- Nausea: Nausea is another symptom that indicates that you are in stress. When you experience nausea in stress, you will only feel like you are about to vomit but vomit won’t come. It is kind of hallucination of stressed mind.
- Constipation: Along with indigestible food, stress can also give constipation to your body. The chronic and rare types of stress can disrupt regular bowel movements of your body and result in constipation.
- Breathing difficulty: Constant worry can even make it difficult for you to breathe. Although many biological facts can justify the reason behind breathing difficulties but breathing difficulty is amid to stress.
- Smoking: Smoking is directly proportional to stress. While smoking people think that they are eradicating tension and worries of life in a fog of smog, but it isn’t true! Smoking will neither solve your problems nor will it help you to get relief from stress. So never opt for smoking in stress!
- Alcohol: Many stressed out people seek solutions for stress in alcohol. That is why over-consumption of alcohol abruptly is evince for stress. Eventually, alcohol consumption obstructs with the neurotransmitters in the brain, which are required for good mental health. So alcohol may help deal with stress for the short time, but it won’t provide any in the long solution for stress. Instead, it will increase depression and anxiety and thus make stress harder to deal with!!
- Drugs: Many stressed brains; especially teen brains opt for drugs to cope up with the stress. Researches prove that people exposed to stress want to live in the hypothetical world of the drug. But drugs can never be remedied for stress, apart from running your life drugs abdication can do nothing for you. With drugs, you aren’t only playing with your life, but troubling your parents also. Beware of drug addictions!
- Nervousness: Stress can make you feel nervous. Stress will undermine your brain and hence you will feel nervous all the time. Such kind of mental condition will steal your confidence and makes you helpless.
- Frustration: Are you trying your level best to deal with the situation but fails? If so, then you are frustrated! So we can conclude that frustration is a response to stress.
- Overreactions: When people overreact over silly issues, then it gives a clear indication that a person is stressed out. Overreactions are a physiological dilemma that stigmatizes image in the cosmos. And people who have to pay for abnormal behavior are close ones.
- Obsession: Stress gives birth to, many kinds of obsessions. An obsession is a discarded thought that you do and know it is not good for you and still can’t control yourself for not doing that. In stress you may get obsessed with drinking, eating, smoking, drugs, etc.
- Lies: Lies and excuses are part of stressed person’s life. Before our brain can affect the world, the world creates our brain. Hence stressed person visualizes the world from his vision. And when things don’t look fine according to a hypothetical world of the brain, stressed brain start telling lies and making excuses to transform the real world into the hypothetical world.
- Reduced work efficiency: Stress can dramatically decline your working efficiency. You will feel low all the time, and hence, you can’t do any work properly.
- Eating disorder: It is often observed that the eating habits of people are affected deliberately. A stressed struck person will either eat too much or eat too less as compared to regular diet. It is a clear sign of stress.
- Nervous habits: Nervous habits like feet are taping, fidgeting, teeth grinding, biting hands, twisting hair, Gritting, Stuttering, trembling of lips, etc, are signs of stress. Switching to new routines, the dread of dissatisfaction, moving and making new friends can be a reason behind it.
- Allergiesallergies: When you are in stress, you will get introduced with unexpected. During stress, mental condition, your body secretes hormones and chemicals like histamine, which is the powerful, tool that consequence allergy symptom. While stress doesn’t result, allergies, it just makes an allergic reaction that gets worse by escalating the histamine chemical in your bloodstream.
- Panic: Panic attacks are common symptoms of stress. Panic attacks might not be a response to an acute event, but it can be the outcome of the steady and slow buildup of stress over a period.
- Chest pain: Many stressed out people have chest pain problem. Studies don’t prove how exactly stress results in chest pain, but stressed mind openly invites chest pains. Stress itself is a risk factor as it manipulates the cholesterol level and heartbeats that are why chest pain occurs.
- Heartbeats: Heartbeats in stress will either become too fast, or it seems to become too low. This brain problem can affect the functionality of the heart to a great extent. The Autonomic Nervous System, which is controlled by heart, is greatly affected by stress. Hence, whenever you feel that your heart is beating abnormally then recognizes that you are in stress.
- Frequent urination: Frequent urination is another astonishing sign of stress, which can embarrass you in public. Frequent urination and stress can be mutually exclusive; they can also happen together. The relationship is supposed to be generated by the central nervous system of the body and its response to actual or apparent stress.
- Communication problem: Stressed out people feel uncomfortable in communicating with others. Such people even don’t open up with the family members and close friends. This communication barrier makes the problem worse than ever because now no one can understand your problem.
- Anxiety: Anxiety is a stance symptom that signifies that person is in stress. Anxiety effects like worry, unease, nervousness, guilt, etc, are common in stress. The panacea for controlling stress is to control anxiety.
- Gambling: For many stressed-out people gambling bulge to be an alerting symptom of stress. Gambling can turn out to be problematic behavior causing many adverse effects on health. Gambling is bad for both physical and physiological health. This activity seems to be entertaining or reliving during stress, but it doesn’t contribute anything in stress treatment. One should control his or her gambling urge before it becomes an addiction because once it becomes an addiction, it will augment your stress level.
- Weight: Your weight is acquiesced symptom that indicates that you are in stress. Abrupt weight gain or weight loss indicates that you are in plenty of stress. When a person is in stress, he or she either eats too much or eats nothing, which results in sudden weight gain and weight loss. You can consider your weight as a warning sign for stress and do speculation for weight control and stress control. Stress is a side effect of lack of exercise to your body and mind. Working out regularly will be a big stress buster. Meditation and yoga have lots of benefits to tackle stress.
- Shopping: Stress has the capability to turn you into a serious Shopaholic person. This symptom of stress is more found in stressed women. Eventually, shopping can provide some soothe from stress, but it can easily make you bankrupt. The relief provided by shopping therapy in stress is temporary. So, instead of shopping, you can try out meditation to get relief from stress.
- Suspiciousness: Yes! Suspiciousness is also a sign of stress. Stress can disturb you mentally and thus you will start suspecting everyone surrounding you. Stress can make you think that everyone wants to harm you physically or emotionally. Suspiciousness will disconnect all social connections of yours.
- Defensiveness: Unfortunately, defensiveness makes you reserve and alert person. When you get stressed, you impulsively become more self-reliant. Such behavior makes you weird in society, and your friends and relatives don’t want to accompany you. It will lead loneliness in your life.
- Poor judgment: Poor judgment is incepting sign of stress. Stress can transform you into juggler. It will increase confusion level of your brain and feel helpless in taking the right decision for yourself and others.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleeping disorder that doesn’t let you take adequate sleep, which is required by your body. It is austerity of stress, which refrain your body to sleep. Stress can be origin biological state call hyper arousal, which people just don’t let you fall asleep. Stressful life results in insomnia that passes once the stress is removed from your life. The long-standing exposure to chronic stress can also interrupt sleep and contribute to sleep disorders for a long time. Insomnia is an alerting signal of stress, which introduce many other problems in your body.
- Nightmares: Nightmares are another symptom of stress, which hinge over your dreams. Such horrible dreams can fill your nights with terror, anxiety, fear, and distress. Nightmares keep displaying your weak points in your dreams that take your fear to the zenith. It can augment your stress level. Sometime you will have to face repeated nightmares due to stress, and this makes your nights, even more, stressful.
- Fever: Yes, stress can also result in a fever. Stress is capable of raising the blood pressure of the body which consequence fever. To get relief from a fever caused by stress you need to keep yourself calm. You can drink water to hydrate yourself which minimizes the effect of fever on your body.
- Aches: Stressed body often feels the aches and pains without any apparent reason. The reason behind these vain aches is stress. A stressed body generates hormones that are responsible for increasing muscle tension and pain sensitivity. Thus, your body will experience pain or ache.
- Racing thoughts: A thing that troubles, stress mind the most is racing thoughts. Perpetual racing thoughts can create uproar in your mind. These racing thoughts don’t allow you to concentrate on any work and also result in sleepless nights. Most of these thoughts are negative thoughts that are the main reason behind the trouble. Hence, your productivity got affected to a great extent. So just keep yourself calm and think positively. For sure, you will get relief.
- Sex Drive: Lost of sex drive is one of the common signs of stress. This sign is frequently associated with professional and personal stress or to vital life-changing action. Men and women both show this sign of stress. Researches state that lost of interest in sex can also increase psychological stress. If you or your partner is lacking interest in sex, then understand them the mental trauma of each other. You can mutually solve this problem and bring your sex life on right track again.
- Depression: Depression is an exaggerated form of stress. If you don’t take the right measures to deal with stress, it will take the form of depression. Now your life will be caged in a dark dungeon where the light of happiness and hope is far away from you. In case you are struck with depression, then it is due to stress so you should immediately consult some specialist to get out of it. Also, if your family member or friend is dealing with depression, then you have to understand the mental trauma of them. Chronic stressful life can augment the risk of depression if you aren’t able to cope up with the stress well. You are prone to depression and other physical illness. Stress is a common psychological and physical state of the brain, which can be either positive or negative in your life. It is up to you how you deal with it.
- Suicidal thoughts: Suicidal thoughts are loud alarming signals that indicate that you are stressed out. Feeling suicidal is not a nature defect, and it doesn’t even signify that you are foolish, or weak, or defective. It only means that you have more pain in your life that you can deal with right now. Whenever you have suicidal thoughts, just think about positive moments of your life like your parents love your children, past success, achievements, etc. This will provide you strength to deal with such thoughts.
- Accidents: If you are making accidents at a constant rate than it means that you lack concentration and that signifies that you are in stress!
How To Deal With Stress
To live life king size, you need a well-planned stress management. With proper stress management, you can eradicate stress from your life and live blissfully happy life. Stress can’t solve your problem. You can’t pay your debts or score good marks or get your love by taking the stress. Instead of taking the stress, you should take appropriate actions to get rid out of it. By controlling stress, you can get more control over your thinking and hence solve all problems of your life. Managing stress is all about changing way your way of thing by captivating full charge of your thoughts, emotions, routine, and the manner of dealing with problems. Whenever you feel stressed out, just follow above mentioned steps:
- Identify primary reason behind stress.
- Share your problems with some intellectual minds who can give appropriate solution for your problem
- Ponder upon various solutions which can decrease your stress level
- Locate healthy ways to relive your stress
- Accompany yourself with good friends
- Identify effects of stress on your life
- Indulge yourself in some happening activities
- Take break from hectic schedule and plan exotic holidays with your near and dear ones
- Take help of inspirational music
- Watch some light weight comedy movies
- Involve yourself in some creative work
- Read good books. Read stuff about the law of attraction, the power of subconscious mind and other such facts about the powerful mind.
- Pamper yourself with good clothes, accessories, and shoes
- Consult experienced and professional expert who can guide you for best.
To get rid of stress, along with following above mentioned do’s, there are certain things that you need to avoid. Just avoid below mentioned things:
- Don’t take any unhealthy pills to get over from stress
- Never take help of addictions like alcohol, drugs, gambling, cigarettes, etc
- Never share your problems with random people who don’t have any sense. Instead of alleviating your stress, they will augment it.
- Don’t stay at home all alone
- Don’t mind what some morons are saying
- Don’t augment stress to level that it gets transformed into depression
- Avoid sad songs and sad music
- Avoid places which remind about sad incidents of past
- Never keep bitter memories with you
Stress can either fill your life with sadness, or you have to develop tactics to deal with it. Once you learn ways to handle stress, you will win all battles of your life. Never allow stress to overcome your success. Just live life king size.