Whoever said “Abs are built in the kitchen, not the gym” was bang on correct!
If you don’t pay proper attention to what and when you eat, even if your workout routine is perfect, you won’t see the results.
Ultimately, it’s the guy who balances between nutrition and exercise wins.
The following article suggests a few pointers for the extreme diet to build shredded abs.
BREAKFAST For Six pack Abs
They say, eat breakfast like a king. Breakfast is the first meal of the day; it is when the body is in a catabolic state and burns all that you feed.
Most people neglect the diet during breakfast and suffer later. Eat a high protein and carbs diet in the first meal of the day.
It is a good idea to load the breakfast meal with a maximum amount of carbohydrates, since the metabolism of the body is high and it burns off the calories through carbs, thus preventing the conversion to fat.
To build six pack abs, you should include protein in breakfast. Protein boost metabolism and provides important amino acids that are required to develop abs muscle.
Following is a list of items you can include in your breakfast meal:
1. Whole grains: A whole grain source such as a muffin or whole grain bread toast will help your body get the essential fiber content. It will keep you feel satiated and prevent you from binge eating throughout the duration.
Oatmeal is another good food item ideal for consumption during breakfast.
2. Fresh fruits and vegetables: Consuming fresh fruits is the best option.
Worried for the first meal of the day?
Fruits or vegetables are the best options. Make sure you stock your refrigerator with fresh fruits and veggies.
An apple or kiwi during the early part of the day sets the tone for the day, keeps you full and energetic. You can make smoothies or merge fresh fruits along with oatmeals or yoghurt. Be creative and use fresh fruits.
Don’t go for fruit juice, they are loaded with preservatives and sugar that build up as extra fat in the body.
Go for berries: strawberry and blueberry, for instance, have rich fiber content and antioxidants that are good for health. Muscles operate more efficiently with high antioxidant content foods.
3. Proteins: For lean muscle mass, protein content has to be high in the diet. Utilize the catabolic mechanism of the body and consume the right protein foods in the morning.
Include egg whites, turkey sandwiches, broccoli or whey protein shakes. If you are using oils, go for olive oils that contain healthy fats.
Lunch For Six pack Abs
Fast food lunches have become common among busy people. People hardly pay attention to what they eat during the afternoon meal and then complain about additional fat. Lunch should be light, with the right proportion of carbs, proteins and healthy fats.
1. Chicken with rice: 100 g of chicken fillet adds about 25 g of protein. Use brown rice instead of white rice and add broccoli or other green leafy vegetables as fillers.
2. Salads: If you are a strict veggie or just want to eat good veg food, go for healthy salads. It hardly takes much time to prepare but does pack a punch as far as nutrition is concerned.
3. Egg and vegetable bowl: Use beans, olive oil, onions, tomato, three to four eggs, mash these in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Your healthy lunch meal is ready.
Evening meals For Six pack Abs
Eating six times per day is recommended rather than consuming big meals at once. Eating fewer meals leads to energy imbalance. Including small snack meals, 2 hours after lunch or breakfast meals is a good step. Here’s what you can include for snacks:
1. Smoothie Shakes: Tasty to eat and easy to make; these milkshakes can provide you with the perfect proportion of all nutrients. Instead of consuming processed carbohydrate foods, fried fatty foods, go for healthy smoothies. Use whey protein powder and berries in smoothies.
2. Healthy fat foods: Consume more of liquid fats rather than solid fats.
3. High protein snacks: Go for brown bread, add peanut butter, a slice of vegetables, yoghurt, cream cheese, etc. Have oatmeal, lean meat slices, cottage cheese, etc.
Dinner For Six Pack Abs
Dinner meal has to be very light. Don’t consume lots of carbohydrates just before sleep. Dinner meal has to be rich in proteins. Protein doesn’t spike your blood sugar level so that additional fat doesn’t accumulate in your body.
1. Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese is rich in casein protein. Casein is a little consuming protein that gets released slowly during the night. It will feed your muscles with essential amino acids while you rest and keep you satiated.
Many people wake up from sleep while feeling hungry and start binge eating, eating whatever they find.
2. Sprouts: Eating sprouts before sleep will feed your body with healthy proteins.
Here’s a sample 5 meal menu for people trying to build six pack abs:
Six Pack Abs Diet Strategy
- Breakfast: 2-3 egg whites, plain oatmeal with slices of fruits, skimmed milk, flaxseed oil
- Morning snack: boiled eggs, broccoli, bananas
- Lunch: Chicken or vegetable rice, legumes, vegetable salads, mixed vegetable bowl
- Snacks: Fresh fruits, oatmeal, brown bread with peanut butter, smoothies with berries
- Dinner: Cottage cheese, whey protein, sprouted veggies
Along with you will need abs workout that you can work on. Here is list of exercises for each section of abs
So you can go through and include the activities of your choice but don’t forget that diet should also be a higher priority with abs exercise.
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017