Want a sculpt sexy six pack abs, but do not like to perform crunches?
No, you don’t have to worry at all, you can get the killer six pack abs without performing the crunches, as there are many exercises which can give you rock solid six pack abs without performing crunches.
In developing a strong core, you don’t need to simply depend on crunches. Crunches are good exercise, but not the best. Doing hundreds of crunches can lead to boredom also increase the risk of back injury.
To avoid this injury you need to limit crunches as a part of your abs workout routine. But to achieve your goal, there are many exercises which can help you better than just crunches.
You can read 96 Tips To Build Six Pack Abs. It is the best source to know how to build six pack abs without doing anything mistakes…
Listed below are a few efficient and intense workouts which will help you to develop core strength and emphasis on the abs region of your core.
So have a sneak peak over these exercises and get rock solid six pack abs sculpted without performing the deadly crunches.
Six Pack Abs Exercises Which Are Better Than Crunches
Exercise 1: Dumbbell push up into a row
- Grab the dumbbell in both of your hands and go down in the push-up position. After this lower your body towards the floor and then push upwards.
- After you get into the position from where you have started the exercise, push the dumbbell in your right hand towards the direction of your chest and return to the same position, then repeat the same thing with your left hand.
- But while performing the workout, try and prevent your torso from rotating, when you rotate the weight of your alternate hand towards your chest.
Exercise 2: Cross behind lunges
- To perform the Cross behind lunges, stand straight and place your both the hands a little bit away from your body but both facing towards the ground.
- After getting into the position, step forward and in the side such that you’re right foot crosses over your left foot and then lunge as far as you can, land over your feet.
- Return to your starting position, repeat the process by interchanging the leg position. To ease the tension on your knee while performing the exercise, try and keep your legs at an angle of 45 degrees.
Exercise 3: Squat with Overhead Press
It is one of the most effective exercises to build six pack abs.
- The dumbbell raising squat is same as the simple squat, but the only difference is that you hold weights in both of your hands while performing the dumbbell squat.
- To perform this squat lift dumbbell in both of your hands and then bring them closer to your body, such that the dumbbell lies at the height of your shoulder after this bent your lower body in a sitting positing that your thighs become parallel to the floor.
- And then stand up and place your dumbbells up in the air above your head. Perform the same process, at least, four to five more times during your workout session daily.
Exercise 4: Resistance Bent Over Row
- To perform this abs building workout, you need probes like resistance band. And then grab the resistance band with both the hands and stand on it.
- Bent a little bit lower on the waist and stretch the resistance band towards the chest, lower your back, repeat the entire exercise a few times in your daily workout sessions to get well defined six pack abs without performing the crunches.
Exercise 5: Weighted Russian twist
- With both of your hands hold the dumbbell, or the side plate. After this sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet lying flat on the floor.
- Hold both of your arms straight in the front of your chest and join you’re both the palms together. After getting into the above-mentioned position leans in the backward direction, such that your torso is positioned at an angle of 45 degrees with the floor.
- Then, rotate your torso towards your right as much as you can and then, in the same way, stretch it towards the left.
- Relax for a bit and then, repeat the whole exercise a few more times.
Exercise 6: The v-ups
- To perform a modified v-ups, lie down with your back straight and both the hands lying straight on the floor and then, lift up your head and legs together in the air such that your body forms a shape of half moon.
- You can use your hands as a supporting pillar to hold the position.
- Uphold the position or a few moments and relax, repeat the exercise at least twice to get rock solid abs.
Exercise 7: Cross knee strike
This workout is the most fun to do.
- To get started with this exercise, stand with your legs parted by a little space and both of your hands turned into the fist lying at the height of your shoulder.
- And then lift your left leg in a curious manner, that is lift it up in such a way that it cross to your right side. Perform the same thing with the right leg.
- While pressing your knee inward in the upward direction during the cross knee strike exhale the breath outward, this will help you to strengthen your abs muscles. While lowering the leg inhale the air and try to maintain deep breathing.
These are a few exercises rather than crunches which can help you to build rock solid six pack abs, without performing the deadly and tiring crunches
To get really hard six pack abs carved above your core you have to perform all the above-mentioned exercises.
You will get oodles of health benefits along with weight loss. So next don’t injure your back to get six pack abs. Change exercises that are boring and causing pain in the muscle on which we are not working out.
Also, follow a healthy abs diet for quick result and better recovery.
You will like other article on Six Pack Abs: