Fiber is among the most important that can make you healthy.
Eating fiber rich food can keep you away from many diseases.
Getting enough amount of fibers in the diet can protect from cancer and heart disease.
Dietary fibers are a most complicated nutrient. It found in natural foods. When we eat, it is not digested as another nutrient.
Dietary fibers are of two type, soluble and insoluble.
Both fibers are important for us which improves digestion and keep away from many diseases.
They are useful to lower LDL cholesterol, lower sugar level, prevent constipation and much more.
So know the health benefits and source of food.
Soluble fiber dissolves in water. When soluble fiber enters the stomach, it absorbs water.
Due to this, it turns into a gel which slower digestion process. Thus, it keeps fuller for a long time preventing eating more calorie. So it is beneficial for losing weight.
- It slow down the digestion to increase absorption of nutrients.
- Promote weight loss.
- Lowers cholesterol level in blood.
- Reduce absorption of sugar which helps to maintain sugar level. So it protects from Type 2 diabetes.
- Lowers LDL cholesterol in the blood, so it is healthy for the heart.
- Fruits like apple, raspberries, raisins, mango, pear, avocado, figs, passion fruit, etc. Fruit skin is rich in fiber.
- Vegetables like cauliflower, carrot, potato, onion, tomato, spinach, broccoli, corn, etc.
- Nuts like Almond, pistachios, walnut and peanut.
- Choose whole grain foods like wheat, bread, etc.
- Beans like Black beans, kidney bean, navy beans.
Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water. So it acts as a bulk laxative. It increase roughage during digestion and cleanses toxin stored in the intestine.
- Improves digestion and prevent constipation.
- Cleanses toxin stored in the colon to protect from colon cancer.
- Protect from intestine inflammation.
- Vegetables like turnip, carrot, cabbage, tomato, onion, leafy vegetables, etc.
- Fruits like orange, passion fruit, avocados, banana, guava, etc.
- Nuts like Almond, pistachios, walnut and Brazil nut.
- Wheat bran, oat bran, and other whole grains.
Both fibers are essential for the health. We need daily 30 gram, ut it is not necessary to eat in the same proportion.
But include healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grain, and nuts. Including these foods maintains the fiber level in balance.
Don’t go for a supplement to get fiber. It is not a healthy option. Instead, you can try following tips (1).
- Eat whole fruit instead of fruit juice as most of the fiber are present in the skin.
- Include vegetables in your juice diet. Fresh vegetable juice has a load of fibers in it.
- Avoid packed juice as they contain a high amount of sugar. Instead, try fresh fruit.
- Along with fruit and vegetables include whole grain, cereal, nuts, and legumes.
- Also, drink lots of water.
So to get the most of the fiber snack on healthy and natural food.
See also: Calcium Health Benefits You Must Know
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017