Western society has widely accepted meditation.
It has proved beneficial for everyone. Sukhasana meditation is a part of Hatha yoga.
Sukhasana means “Easy Pose” (Sukha =”Easy”; Asana=”Pose”).
It brings the mind to a stable state and relaxes the body. It is practiced by the mediators of any age.
A beginner can start this with little effort.
- Choose a silent place. Place the yoga mat and sit comfortably.
- Keep your spine erect and your head nicely poised upon your shoulder.
- Place your palm on your knees. Be certain that your elbow relaxes naturally against your body.
- Finally close your eyes.
- Concentrate your mind on the natural breath; control yourself from dreaming, reasoning, or otherwise becoming mentally active. Keep the body erect, motionless and as relaxed as possible.
- Concentrate on your breathing i.e., inhalation, a momentary pause, exhale, a momentary pause. Sit for a few minutes in this pose and follow natural breath.
Sukhasana is for beginners and also for advanced practitioners.
If you are beginners, you can meditate for 5 minutes with an increase in time by 5 minutes every week.
With this, you can reach till 20 minutes within a few weeks with daily practice.
Benefits of Sukhasana Meditation
- Calms brain and reduce stress
- Improves concentration
- Increase self-confidence
- Strengthens back
- Improves lung capacity
- Increase energy level
- Never meditate with a full stomach. Don’t eat in between 2 hours before practicing meditation.
- Also never practice it on an empty stomach.
- Practice in silent and cool place.
- After meditating you can drink a glass of water as it can help to detoxify your body.
- Wear loose clothes during meditating.
Follow these few simple steps and enjoy the peace of life.
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017