Today’s Modern kitchen is equipped with non-stick pans.
People enjoy foods cooked in a non-stick pan as it contains very little amount of oil and fat.
Is it completely safe to use for cooking? There are many controversies about these pans. What are the real facts about it?
Does it risk our health?
We love to eat food that is oil free. So Teflon coating is coated on non-stick pans. These Teflon coating helps to cook food in low oil. So many people love to cook with this non-stick pan.
But the real question is it is safe for us?
When this non-stick pan is overheated it emits fumes. When these fumes inhaled, it is highly toxic and dangerous to the health.
These gases are carcinogenic in nature. So it may reduce the risk of cancer and another degenerative disease. So what’s the solution?
If you want to prevent these situations, then avoid overheating the pan. Over-heating is the reason for the fumes.
An incident occurred in which a person accidently overheated the pan. Due to overheating PTFE coating fumes were emitted. When he inhaled it, he had symptoms of polymer fume.
But you can prevent this situation by avoiding over-heating. So be safe and cook at low temperature.
These fumes are highly harmful to human and also for animals.
They are so powerful that exposure to these fumes a bird can die in few seconds. So cook smartly and prevent it. Also, use an exhaust fan to remove these fumes.
Cook Safely And Stay Healthy.