Cellulite is a condition that is observed in women belonging to all age groups and sizes.
It is characterized by the presence of a lumpy appearance below the skin due to excessive accumulation of fats and fluid. It is usually found on buttocks and thighs. The uneven distribution of fat beneath our skin causes cellulite.
The skin is filled with sweat glands, connective tissue, hair follicles, nerve receptors and blood vessels. The upper layer is separated by connective tissue that is known as fat cell chambers out of which there are tiny projections that protrude in the dermis.
This irregularity and unevenness of the subcutaneous fat result in a bumpy appearance that is called as cellulite.
It mostly affects women and not men since they have a thicker dermis and epidermis tissue layer in the buttocks and thighs. It helps to balance the irregularity of the fat beneath the skin.
There are several reasons responsible for such fat deposits like genetics, unhealthy diet, hormones and bad lifestyle.
High- stress lifestyle is often responsible for the development. There are certain hormones like insulin, thyroid and estrogen that lead to the formation of cellulite. This problem is also caused by lack of physical activity as well as excessive intake of carbohydrates and fats.
Top Reasons For Development Of Cellulite
It is believed that cellulite is linked to genetics. You are likely to experience cellulite if your mother has it.
If you are physically active and consuming the right kind of foods but still experiencing this condition, then it is quite possible that it is due to genetics. It is better to consult a doctor to get the proper treatment for this problem.
2. Sedentary Lifestyle
When you lead a sedentary or inactive lifestyle, it affects your blood circulation and lymphatic system. Too little activity can be the main culprit.
The fluid and blood in your lymph vessels and veins tend to stretch out in the absence of any movement. These overstretched blood vessels and veins can cause poor circulation.
So it is important to indulge in a balanced exercise session that combines aerobics and resistance exercises to lose your cellulite. These exercises can improve the circulation and muscle tone in the area.
Aerobics helps to improve the texture and tone up your skin. For men the love handles, regions of buttocks and thighs can be toned by performing weight lifting and certain power exercises.
The main purpose behind performing these exercises is to dissolve the fats that are found beneath the skin. There are some holistic exercises like meditation, pranayama, and yoga that can cleanse the tissues of the body and accelerate the metabolism.
3. Unhealthy Diet
Foods that are high in saturated fats and refined sugars can hinder your efforts in getting rid of cellulites. Junk foods contain many toxic ingredients that get stored beneath your skin.
So it’s best to cut down on processed and refined foods, high sugar products, high-fat products, artificial foods containing chemicals, additives, and sweeteners.
It is also a good idea to consume organic foods since they contain pectin that is a soluble fiber that aids in detoxification. There is a variety of fruits and vegetables such as bananas, sour oranges, guavas, lemons, cabbage, and carrots.
As you grow older, your body’s ability to produce collagen and elastin responsible to maintain healthy skin is diminished.
As a result, the connective tissues begin to break down and due to the absence of collagen and elastin, the subcutaneous layer of the skin becomes thinner. It Leads to the development of cellulite.
Smoking can destroy the blood vessels and impair the blood flow that makes the cellulite more visible.
6. Free Radicals
Free radicals in your body can cause adverse effects on the circulatory system and develop cellulite.
Many factors allow the free radicals to pass in your body like physical stress, hormonal imbalance, emotional stress, allergic reactions, poor elimination, overeating, exhausting exercises and inadequate sleep.
Hormones help to improve the biochemical equilibrium level in your body. The estrogen is responsible for storing unnecessary fats in different places of your body. The heightened estrogen levels are one of the main culprits for cellulite development.
One of the best ways to reduce the cellulite is to dispose of the fatty deposits that are present beneath our skin.
1. Laser Technology
There are several types of devices that make use of laser energy to remove cellulite. One of these devices is the Rio cellulite laser that combines caffeine and laser to remove the cellulite from the body.
The main purpose of laser treatments is to restore the metabolic activity of the cells as well as accelerate the renewal and repair of the skin. It helps to make the skin tighter and ward off excess body fat.
Laser treatment is an expensive method though it is effective when combined with regular exercise, massage, and a healthy diet. People who have excess fat in their body can opt for laser treatment.
2. Surgical Procedure
Two of the most popular and common surgical procedures for the treatment of cellulites include liposuction and mesotherapy. Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that makes use of a suction pump to remove the fat from the problem areas.
Mesotherapy involves the injection of a small amount of vitamins, amino acids, minerals and medications to the skin surface to bring about the healing properties of the skin.
Both these surgical procedures need you to undergo some treatment sessions to obtain the desired outcome.
3. Topical Treatment
A lot of people use topical creams and gels to reduce cellulite from their body. These anti-cellulite creams help to improve the skin elasticity and nourish the skin.
The active ingredients present in these anti-cellulite creams contribute to removing the cellulite. Most of these creams contain caffeine that is known to remove excess water retention and improve circulation.
They also contain some ingredients like shea butter and peptides. The peptides help to achieve a smoother skin as it works by stimulating the synthesis of collagen. The shea butter tones the skin.
Some of the best lotions contain potent ingredients like retinol and caffeine. These components help to make the skin firmer and eliminate bumps. There are various other ingredients like green tea, Par Elastyle, horse chestnut and ginkgo that help in toning your skin.
The above treatments will not work if it is not followed by a disciplined exercise regimen and healthy diet. Also, your body scenario plays a significant role in determining the type of therapy that will suit you the most.
There is a treatment for cellulite reduction known as ender mo Logie cellulite treatment that involves massage of the affected areas of the body.
Massage is done with the help of a massage machine that has a suction and two rollers. This massage therapy helps to stretch the connective tissues which leads to increased blood circulation and reduces the muscle spasms in the body.
It contributes to control the mobilization of the skin layers as a result of which there is a fat reduction in the affected areas. There are various essential oils like rosemary, juniper, cedar, etc. that can be used for an effective cellulite.
Proper massage helps to dissolve the oily layers of the skin that cause cellulite.
There is an anti-cellulite massager called Verseo’s roller that combines many cellulite treatments like roller massage, active air suction, vibrating massage, deep heat massage and massage gel that helps to dissolve the excess cellulite.
A lymphatic massage helps to increase the lymph flow that leads to the removal of toxins that ultimately removes cellulite.
5. Cellulite Diets
There are special cellulite diets that have proven to be useful in getting rid of cellulite. These diets include a combination of foods that help in improving the circulation in the problem areas and reduce the inflammation.
These diets comprise of extra vegetables, whole grains and fruits. The high amount of antioxidants in the veggies and fruits help to mobilize the subcutaneous fats and eliminate the free radicals.
It enables you to can eliminate the harmful fats and toxins from your body. In this way, there will be less cellulite accumulated in your body. The fiber content in the fruits helps to invigorate the system and brushes off the ugly and excess cellulite areas of your body.
These diets enable you to pay more attention to your health. According to experts consuming a healthy diet can reduce the fluid retention in the body and improve the general health.
The anti cellulite diet consists of a restricted diet that provides low calories but a good amount of nutrition. It avoids foods that are high in carbohydrates and fats.
6. Cellulite Wraps
Many salons or spas offer body wraps to treat cellulite. They are known to improve the skin appearance and overall health. Both self-made as well as professional cellulite body wraps are known to treat cellulite problem.
These body wraps contain a blend of minerals, herbs and vitamins that help to stimulate the fat cells to release the fat. They absorb the negative toxins from your skin and reduce bloating.
You can find many natural herbs that can invigorate the fat burning process of your cells.
7. Dietary Supplements
Dietary supplements contain various ingredients like sweet clover, evening primrose oil, ginkgo Biloba, fish oil, soy lecithin and grape seed bioflavonoids.
These ingredients are known to have a positive effect on your bodies like protection from cell damage, the breakdown of fats, improved circulation, and metabolism.
Best And Effective Way to Win Over Cellulite
All these above cellulite treatments can be costly, so you can also try few of effective method to get rid of cellulite.
Here are some simple home remedies that can be highly effective in getting rid of this condition:
- The affected area can be massaged with pure coconut oil that can reduce the cellulite.
- The hips, thighs and buttocks can be massaged with a mixture of fennel oil, almond oil and rosemary oil in 1:1:1 ratio to get best results.
- A healthy diet consisting of fresh vegetables and fruits helps to minimize the problem.
- A mixture of apple cider vinegar with water proves to be effective in reducing the cellulite condition.
- One of the excellent home remedies for removing cellulite is lemon and honey. You can add some honey and freshly squeezed lemon to lukewarm water. This drink can be consumed upon waking up in the morning. It helps to remove the ugly cellulite.
- There are a lot of stretching exercises that target the hips, buttocks, abdomen and thighs that can be performed to get rid of fat that in turn reduces the cellulite marks. Also, to these exercises, many yoga postures can also help in getting rid of this problem.
- A herb known as Gotu Kola helps to minimize the collagen from the areas affected by cellulite.
- A glass of fresh grapefruit juice is effective in reducing the unsightly cellulite. Grapefruit helps to stimulate the liver function and improve the digestion.
- It is best to keep away from junk and fried foods since these foods can worsen the condition.
- Excess intake of salt should be completely avoided as high intake of salt can cause water retention.
- Exfoliation of skin can be done using a soft brush to improve the blood circulation.
- Horsetail extract is known to fight cellulite by strengthening the blood vessels and improving blood circulation.
- Drinking and smoking can aggravate the cellulite problem. So it is better to refrain from these harmful habits.
- Apply olive oil to the problem areas. After using this oil prepare a mixture of brown sugar and coffee grounds to scrub it in the troubled areas that is covered with olive oil. It will remove the dead cells and increase the blood circulation in your skin.
- Dry brushing is one of the best ways to reduce cellulite. It helps to increase the circulation and body detoxification process.
- Make a paste of honey and cocoa. Apply this paste on the affected areas.
- Apply a mixture of honey, lime juice and avocado pulp on the cellulite skin followed by a massage in circular motion to reduce the condition.
- Make a puree of steamed carrot and gently apply it on the cellulite areas. It is one of the effective ways to minimize the cellulite problem.
- Add sea salt to bathing water and sit in it for some time. It is the most useful remedy for treating it.
- Drinking sufficient water can keep your skin hydrated. It can help to reduce the toxins that cause cellulite. It contributes in retaining the skin texture and gives it the necessary moisture.
- Cayenne pepper is known to reduce cellulite’s. It contains certain compounds that contribute to stimulating circulation and detoxify the body. The capsaicin present in this spice can increase the heat production in your body thereby increasing the rate of energy in your body to burn fats. You can add cayenne pepper to olive oil and apply it on the problem areas.
- Green tea helps to enhance the metabolism and aids in the fat burning process. It helps in glucose regulation and inhibits fat absorption.
- Oatmeal is said to be effective in reducing cellulite. It consists of soluble fiber that forms a gel in your gastrointestinal tract and flushes out toxins and waste that contributes to the development of cellulite. Besides oats is an excellent source of zinc and B vitamins.
Latest posts by Deepak Kevat (see all)
- Step By Step Guide For Transformation [Weight Loss & Health] - 16 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Ultimate Step By Step Guide To Lose Weight Successfully - 4 August, 2017
- Weight Loss Failure: Look Over These 6 Mistakes - 8 July, 2017