Injuries are part of the workout and sports training.
Mostly every person suffers from muscle soreness or injury. So it becomes necessary to know the reason and best way to prevent muscle soreness.
Reason For Muscle Soreness
Sometimes we go according to the plan for the workout.
We eat our food on time before going to workout, start with warm-up and stretching.
Instead of these precautions we face muscle soreness or injuries. So it becomes tough to guess what the mistake….
Sometimes it becomes hard to find what the mistake was. But it is not a topic we should stress. Injuries are common when we train.
Some of the most causes of injuries are
- Over-Training: During workout there is slight muscle damage which are known as tears. When these muscles get time to recover, it develops into stronger muscle. But if it doesn’t get time to recovery, injury increases.
- Warm-up and Stretching: Before workout body is not ready to absorb high-intensity workout. Before a workout, muscles are short but a proper warm-up and stretching increase size of the short muscle. So with long muscle chance of injury is low.
- Post-Workout Diet: Body needs energy during the workout. So before workout, it is important to eat nutrient rich food to prevent depletion of energy.
- Balanced Diet: For muscle recovery body needs each and every nutrient in balanced proportion. Without proper nutrition body can’t recover properly.
These are the most common cause of injury so take care.
How to Treat Muscle Soreness With Heat Pad
Muscle soreness can be treated with ice. Icing the injured area improves blood circulation in the region.
Injuries are caused due to the deposition of lactic acid which increases inflammation. But icing can prevent the deposition of inflammatory particles. Ice can help to treat this severe injury. But the problem with ice is we can’t carry anywhere.
So use heat pad when you are out. Increasing heat on injured area increases blood flow. With the use of heat pad muscle soreness reduces. So you will feel better.
Tips to Recover
- Soak injured part in warm water with Epsom salt.
- Drink antioxidants rich foods. Antioxidants abundant food reduces muscle inflammation. So eat nutrient rich foods like berries, apple, grapes, etc.
- Drink lemon juice as it is rich in antioxidant Vitamin C, a potent antioxidant. Also, it prevents dehydration which is also the cause of injury.
- Take rest and also, sleep enough.
Injuries are not the end of the workout. It may be positive symptoms that you are training correctly. But severity may not be sufficient. To prevent severity improve your diet and take enough rest to recover muscle tears.