Vitamin and Minerals are substances that are found in the food we eat.
But these vitamins and minerals are available in small quantity. Also, we need these vitamins and mineral in small quantity.
We need these vitamins and mineral for normal cell function, proper growth and development of the body.
Getting proper vitamin and mineral is important as it increases body development hence helps to stay fit and healthy.
It also improves physical fitness and thus increase sports performance.
Importance Of Vitamin And Mineral
- There are 13 types of vitamin that our body need. They are categorized as water and fat soluble.
- Fat soluble vitamins are A, D, E and K.
- Water soluble vitamins include 8 vitamins in B group and vitamin C.
- B group contains riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12, folate, thiamin, biotin and pantothenic acid.
Why Do We Need Vitamins?
- For proper vision and immune system.
- Proper development of the body.
- Assist digestion and converts food into energy.
- Essential for healthy skin.
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- Helps to form red blood cells.
- Essential for DNA production.
- Absorbs essential nutrients from foods.
- There are 12 types of minerals. They are categorized as macro or trace nutrient.
- Macronutrient is those needed in large quantity. Calcium, Chlorine, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Sodium are Macro Nutrient.
- Trace nutrient are required in very less quantity. Copper, Fluoride, Iodine, Iron, Selenium and Zinc.
Why do we need Mineral?
- Important for bone growth and development.
- Helps in producing nerve cells and neurotransmitters that play an important role in the transportation of nerve signals.
- Control blood sugar levels.
- Important for the formation of blood and various enzymes present in our body.
- Important for formation of thyroid hormones
- Maintain a normal fluid level in the body.
Vitamin and Minerals are important for the proper functioning of our body system. It helps in the proper development and helps to stay healthy.
The body cannot prepare it, so it becomes necessary to get from other sources of food.
A healthy diet provides us all nutrients that we need. So it becomes necessary to follow a healthy diet to get these essential nutrients from our food.