Nutrients is a chemical substance that our body needs to build,
maintain, and repair tissues. It is a substance that provides us energy.
Energy is the ability to do a work. The amount of energy is measured in calorie.
Nutrients provide us energy to do our work. It gives energy to cells to do conduct various chemical reactions. These chemical reactions help us to breathe, talk, move, hear, see, etc. It is obtained from the food we eat.
Vegetables, Fruits, Grains, etc. are the food that provides us various types of nutrient.
They are known as protein, carbohydrate, fats, vitamins, minerals and water.
Macro-Nutrients: – Carbohydrate, Proteins, Fats and Water are known as macronutrients.
It is most important form of nutrient that we need in excess quantity. We daily consume a lot of macro-nutrients.
It provides us energy to and also energy to the cells to do various functions.
Micro-Nutrients: – Micro-nutrient includes Vitamins and Minerals.
Vitamins and Minerals are essential for our body and required in less quantity.
Vitamin and Minerals boosts our immune system and helps healthy growth and development of our body.
Macro-Nutrients are very important and daily consumed in a small amount.
Caffeine In Coffee, Cola or Energy Drink Is Culprit For Your Slow Development Of Brain
Functions of Nutrients:
- It provides us energy to do our work.
- It provides energy to the cells to function properly.
- It increases our immune system to fight back against any disease.
- It helps in proper development and growth and body.
- It contributes to recover body from injuries quickly.
- Sports performance improves with proper nutrition.
- It affects all body function and helps for proper development, growth and maintenance of the body systems.